Tracking Point XS1 has arrived! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Tracking Point XS1 has arrived!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Very cool and different.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #22

Liked 53 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez
So.... What happens when the battery dies?
Well if the batteries did die then you couldn't use the gun... Although the scope does hold two batteries and it shows you the power of both of them on the LCD screen. When I used the gun I had the scope powered on for a little over an hour and the power went from about 90 percent to 79 percent life on one battery. The other battery in the scope wont be used until the first battery completely dies. Tracking Point sends three batteries total with the gun and of course a charger too. I am sure you would be able to purchase an extra few if you felt the need.

One other good feature that the gun offers is a traditional shooting mode. The scope will automatically stay zeroed in at 100 yards in case you need to make quicker shorter shots without using the tag and track mechanism. In fact the tag button turns into a range finder at that point, and it is a very responsive find with the range. That is what I used when I was looking for an area to make a 1000+ yard shot because I forgot my handheld rangefinder at my house.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
Dude thank you so much for sharing this with us. I could watch videos and look at picture of this all day. Probably the closest I'll ever get to shooting one.
Actually you should consider contacting tracking point and asking them if they are ever going to be in your area to do promotional shooting events. They hold quite a few and they let a lot of people have the opportunity to use their system. I hope you do get a chance to shoot one though because it really is a neat technology!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

That was pretty cool looking

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #25

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarter788 View Post
Actually you should consider contacting tracking point and asking them if they are ever going to be in your area to do promotional shooting events. They hold quite a few and they let a lot of people have the opportunity to use their system. I hope you do get a chance to shoot one though because it really is a neat technology!
I'm just to old to change I guess. I would like a chance to shoot against that wonder of technology w/ some from the last century though. Give me a handicap of 2" and I'd shoot against it at 400..800 yards. I just don't see the need to actually make going to the range a video game. I can play my kids xbox and do that.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #26
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 560 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 2819

Very Nice! I will have to stick with my rocks though. lol
at least my old style guns.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
I'm just to old to change I guess. I would like a chance to shoot against that wonder of technology w/ some from the last century though. Give me a handicap of 2" and I'd shoot against it at 400..800 yards. I just don't see the need to actually make going to the range a video game. I can play my kids xbox and do that.
Haha well you call me when your kids xbox can kill a sheep at 800+ yards away. I have no doubt that there is some shooters out their who can out shoot the TP, but I'm an average shooter and this allows me to take shots at a lot more than I used to.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:32 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarter788
Haha well you call me when your kids xbox can kill a sheep at 800+ yards away. I have no doubt that there is some shooters out their who can out shoot the TP, but I'm an average shooter and this allows me to take shots at a lot more than I used to.
Good point! Nothing wrong with technology advancements making things fun for people who wouldn't be able to do them otherwise.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."