Took a Look at my local shop - HELP! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Took a Look at my local shop - HELP!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 10:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
You won't need that much ammo. One round will take a man out for good...
what the?!? My main concern is NOT killing another man. I have my firearms for self defense, sure. But I don't plan to purchase merely "one round to take a man out for good".

I plan to enjoy target shooting, perfecting my skill, over the course of a lifetime of ammo spent. If I am forced to use "one bullet" to stop a threat, so be it. However, I'm more worried about spending a ton at the range every week.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #12

Aye but .308 is kind of impractacle for me as a target rifle. I practise with maybe a .223 if I had one and possibly 7.62 X 39 mm

And I enjoy target shooting as well but when I buy my firearms I do also want it to fit a self defense purpose.

.308, .223, and 7.62 X 39 mm, are all the ammo bases you need to cover.

Sorry if I offended you. I like to target shoot too....rounds are expensive yes indeed....that's why I take a .22 with me....nothing like shooting 500 rounds that don't leave your shoulder sore.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:48 PM   #13

janikphoto,

Reloading is the accepted solution to the high cost of ammo.

Something you might want to give some consideration to. It will cut the cost of 7.62X51 significantly.

Probably improve accuracy, also.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:52 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
janikphoto,

Reloading is the accepted solution to the high cost of ammo.

Something you might want to give some consideration to. It will cut the cost of 7.62X51 significantly.

Probably improve accuracy, also.
I've thought about it, but that's just ONE more thing to deal with. I guess I'll just suck it up and pay more for the convenience of NOT having to reload.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #15

It boils down to how you value your free time. If you have a high implicit value on your leisure, then it may not be a positive economic use of your time. Some people find repetitive tasks relaxing (solitare, sewing, etc). Some don't.

Buying reloaded ammo may be a more economicly rational decision.