Tipton RAPID bore guide
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Tipton RAPID bore guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 05:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Tipton RAPID bore guide

Been trying to decide on which bore guide to buy, I've got many different rifles everything from 22 to 7mm. I looked at Possom Hollow but there like $20 a piece and it would cost me small fortune to get all the different guides that I would need. The tipton seems to have the best reviews of all the universal bore guides out there. Just wondering what you guys use and if there is a better universal bore guides out there.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5982 Times on 3130 Posts
Likes Given: 426

I clean from the chamber end. Never seen the need for a bore guide.

Maybe I need to be enlightened.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

It is so you don't scratch or ding your chamber. I found that if you are careful and pay attention to what the hell you are doing you don't need one.

Now that being said. When I get my custom stiller 6ppc varmint rifle built you better believe I am using a bore guide.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #4

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It helps me to keep solvent from running down into the chamber and going places I don't want solvent to go.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #5

Well just picked one up this morning and for the price its not to bad, the only problem that I came across was that in my remington 700 with a 26" inch barrel the rod that I have was to short, not a real problem just shortened the aluminum tude. I had never used one before and still dont believe that it is necessary but it is nice not having solvent all over the place and the whole rapid patch thingy does make using a jag much easier less fumbling around.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #6

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossyoakman3006 View Post
Well just picked one up this morning and for the price its not to bad, the only problem that I came across was that in my remington 700 with a 26" inch barrel the rod that I have was to short, not a real problem just shortened the aluminum tude. I had never used one before and still dont believe that it is necessary but it is nice not having solvent all over the place and the whole rapid patch thingy does make using a jag much easier less fumbling around.
The only problem I've had with it is exactly what you stated....with one of my longer barrels.

The first couple patches I run through the bore are pretty sopping wet with solvent, so I can't avoid a lot of it being wringed down into the chamber. Don't want that, and the bore guide prevents it.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've got the one made by Dewey for my .308's and .243 and I have no complaints.