Tikka T3 Rant - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Tikka T3 Rant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 01:08 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1340 Times on 763 Posts
Likes Given: 647

JonM,No I have contacted Beretta (The importer for Sako/Tikka firearms in the USA) about it,Because every Tikka dealer or their wholesalers said that Tikka didn't make this gun(It wasn't in their Beretta catalog) and then didn't have an answer when I showed them that Tikka did in fact make this particular gun.
Only then I found out that Beretta chooses which gun styles/models they want to import to the USA.They do not offer,or special order any other models manufactured by Sako/Tikka for customers here in the USA.

Oh well,I will be more than happy with the Savage.It was what I wanted to begin with.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:05 AM   #12
Default Tikka T3

about a year ago I just had to have a T3 stainless in 6.5 Swedish, I buy lots of arms from a friend/gun dealer and he got it for me in 3 days. it is now my go to gun, it is in front in my safe. what I hate is the cost of a spare magazine, hope I dont lose mine. I can see why frustration might get to you, like someone said previously a left handed rifle already puts you in a different category. I dont know if I will ever get another Tikka (though I am looking for another .22-250). I guess they have put themselves in a monopoly position where you got to go to them or through them and you pay a helluva price.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #13

i know this is old but i know how it is, ive been trying to get a simple t3 lite in 30-06 lefty and its taken 2 to get any info on it, first it was they couldnt get the seller stock # for it all they wanted to do was sell me the stainless so i had to get the # and call them and yeah i dunno sorry just a rant it sucks being lefty
Old 05-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #14
Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Being left handed I understand how you feel. It makes getting many things more of a job. In this case I"m sure it';s just not cost effective to stock them being not a lot of demand. Foe me I've foinf it easier to adapt. Being I do most things both left and right handed anyway. Congrats on your find though. Maybe if more people looked harder for left handed things guns and otherwise it all might become more available.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:25 AM   #15
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Sorry for re-bumping this, but there's not much problem about availability down under. Maybe due to the fact that practically all shooters here are restricted to bolt actions, so that the variants which might be 'obscure' elsewhere are more easily obtainable here. Just more expensive!

Sometimes I'm glad I'm a lefty but right-eyed so I don't use LH rifles...
Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D