Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Tikka T3 Rant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1114 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Default Tikka T3 Rant

Why don't the importers of gun companies sell what the gun companies make?
I've been trying to find a Tikka T3 Stainless Varmint Left Hand rifle in 25/06 that according to the Tikka/USA website they offer,but the only guns that anyone carries is the Tikka T3 Lite.

I have heard very good things about Tikka and they have a sub-moa guarantee on their rifles. I wanted to get another Savage 110FLP in 25/06,but they discontinued the left hand tactical long action rifles. Now I find another brand that will work and I can't get one.

Here's a link to the rifle I'm wanting;
http://www.tikka.fi/pdf/specs/T3VarmintStainlessLH.pdf

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-06-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

51 views and 0 responses.
I guess that I'm the only one that has ever wanted something that was advertised by a mfg,but dealers tell you that they can't get it,with absolutely no answer as to why they can't or won't order it for you.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:04 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sorry Tx I kinda just like plain Jane things so I have never tried to order anything "exotic" so to speak.

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:03 AM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hot2handle View Post
Sorry Tx I kinda just like plain Jane things so I have never tried to order anything "exotic" so to speak.
2Hot,This isn't anything "exotic".It is a gun that according to the Tikka catalog,they offer to the U.S. dealers,and everyone says they don't make it,or can't get it. Tikka offers several variations of their T3 rifle in left hand,but the only style that I have seen for sale is the Tikka T3 Lite.

It's like if you wanted to buy a Remington 870 Wingmaster,but the dealer only wants to sell you an 870 Express.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:20 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
2Hot,This isn't anything "exotic".It is a gun that according to the Tikka catalog,they offer to the U.S. dealers,and everyone says they don't make it,or can't get it. Tikka offers several variations of their T3 rifle in left hand,but the only style that I have seen for sale is the Tikka T3 Lite.

It's like if you wanted to buy a Remington 870 Wingmaster,but the dealer only wants to sell you an 870 Express.

Thus the quotations marks on exotic. I hope you find what you are looking for. In the end whoever has it will get your business. Case of voting with your dollar. Good luck on your search.

Quote:

Old 12-24-2009, 02:56 AM   #6
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

WHOOPEE!!! Well I tried and tried to get Beretta to order the Tikka and they flat refused too.
So,I finally got in touch with the right person at Savage Arms,and they are going to build me a 110FLP in 25/06.
It sure beats having to buy a sporter barreled rifle and then buying a heavy barrel and swapping out barrels and stocks to get what I want.

It's sad to know that with all the hard economic times that all industries have been going through the last couple years,Beretta will not order a rifle from Tikka that is in Tikka's current catalog and available in other markets.

Oh well,I have never care for Beretta anyway.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Congrats TX

Quote:

Old 12-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #8

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

First you are buying a left hand gun. That is a big strike against you then you want it in a 25-06 great choice but just not all that common any more. Most people what the word "Magnum" on their rifle.

Other than that get on gallery of guns and try that way.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:03 AM   #9
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
First you are buying a left hand gun. That is a big strike against you then you want it in a 25-06 great choice but just not all that common any more. Most people what the word "Magnum" on their rifle.

Other than that get on gallery of guns and try that way.
Hey Tango,I know you think I should just buy a righty,but I just like to be different. I am right handed though,just that damn ole eye dominant thing and I have always shot lefty.I can shoot pretty good right handed,but anymore if I buy a get a new rifle it is a lefty.

You should already know that I have a 110 FLP in 300 Win Mag and also a Ruger #1 in it also,so I think I have the "Magnum" taken care of. I just wanted a 25/06 for something different,but still a very flat shooter at distance.

This whole ordeal started when I decided to buy a 25/06 and found out that Savage had discontinued their Left Hand/Long Action Tactical rifles-110 FLP series. I had called Savage and the first couple people I talked to said they wouldn't make me one,then I found out that Tikka made one in Stainless,but Beretta doesn't import or won't import that particular rifle.

But I called Savage again,ready to beg-plead-of whatever and got lucky enough to talk to a person that would help me instead of look at a computer and tell me they don't make that rifle anymore & tuff luck.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5306 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

what you are running into is dealers or salesmen to lazy to go beyound the stock list as it appears on their computer screen. when a dealer orders a gun they call a warehousing type middle man company that buys in bulk form the various manufacturers. gun makes will typically never sell direct to a dealer. so the dealer is usually stuck with calling some minimum wage guy who is more interested in the latest episode of family guy than doing any real business. it is few and far between you find a dealer that will go the extra mile or has a good contact at such a middle man type place.

the only other way of getting special ordered weapons is if the manufacturer has a custom shop that is willing to work with the customer.