Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Tikka T3 Lite reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Tikka T3 Lite reviews

So I want a new rifle and i was looking at the beratta Tikka T3 Lite bolt action and i was wondering if any one here has one and could give me reviews. also what iis the best caliber for it? i am mostly going to use it for target shooting but would also like to be able to use it for big game hunting.

your would be greatly appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #2

Liked 181 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I don't own a tikka. One of our hunting buddies has had one for some years. Just a great accurate rifle. Wish I could justify a new rifle. Do not expect a LITE weight rifle to make a solid range rifle. Maybe a egg match rifle, just not enought barrel weight for shooting other than a few 3 shoot groups or a 5 shoot group and a break for 20 minutes. If you want a hunter/target/range rifle ,get one with some barrel weight and take it easy on it still. If you can get a t-3 varment ss it is still only 7 1/2 to 8 lb depending on caliber. Look to a Boonie Packers Safari Sling for easy handsfree carry and have the rifle ready to just lift to shot. I haul a 10lb.8oz rifle on one for the last 15 years.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:24 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I chose the weatherby vanguard s2 over this when I bought a new gun this year. I hunt a lot with my family and friends so safety is important to me. The tikka doesn't have 3 position safety so you have to unload while the gun is on fire. And trust me in November your hands are already numb and you have gloves on so i dont like the idea of turning the gun on fire with a live round in the chamber just to unload. Also I prefer an internal mag because (with a hinged floor plate) because I always lose it and the magazine replacements are 70 dollars for a plastic box mag for the tikka. The other side of the coin is they guarantee MOA accuracy out of the box (as does the vanguard s2) and weigh around 1.5-2 pounds less than the weatherby. The tikka also has an extremely smooth action even in comparison to the smooth (IMO) vanguard action. Hope this helped. I will tell you though, just about every gun on the market is a good buy.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #4

thank you i will keep looking