Tika OR Sako
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Tika OR Sako

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Tika OR Sako

Hi what is your op ion on a Sako Rifle and a Tika Rifle ? I was told the only difference was the bolt . must be one hell of a bolt.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The Mags are different as well. Tika's are plastic 5 rounders and TRG's are steel 10 rounders that cost $200 per. Tika's are excellent, but I like my TRG better.sunp0015.jpg

Noblesse Oblige

Old 10-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

From what I understand, they are pretty much the same. They're even made at the same factory with same tools and machines. Still, there are other differences than the bolt, generally Sakos are made with better attention to detail and are thought to be generally better rifles that Tikkas. Think of Tikka as an entry level Sako.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:01 AM   #4

About a grand

Old 10-28-2011, 01:38 AM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Okay. Here is a mystery that is NOT discussed by the production and magazine reporting public.

Both are NOW coming off basically the same line. Both are NOW basically the same finished rifle.

Here's what's different.

Tikka used to be independent, but were bought and now are a part of the Beretta family since 1988.

If you look, Tikka is more "hunter oriented". Their rifles are more hunter, more lightweight, less mounted sights and less scope mounts, on average.

The Sako is the more tactical, more pre-prepped line. Muzzle breaks,scope mounts, tactical calibers, plus the short throw bolt handle.

Both are cold hammer forged barrels. Many Tikka's are free floated, all the Sako's were that I looked at. Basically they are the same outside of looks.

The Tikka's are pretty; old world wood, the Sako's are more new world polymer/tactical but equally as impressive.

The "custom features" come down to what you want in YOUR rifle.

Hope that helps.

JD

Old 10-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hi thank you for the Info .now how would you compare a Kimber Rifle with a Sako or a Tikka ? I have been on a waiting list for over a year for a Tikka .this is why I'M ASKING SO MANY QUESTIONS . BUT I REALLY APPRECIATE THE Info.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:15 AM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I don't know if you were asking me??

I hit this thread as I had responded and got notice there was activity.

If you were asking for my opinion I would put both Tikka and Sako WELL above a Kimber production rifle.

I don't say that lightly or with malice. I have owned 3 Kimber handguns and I do like aspects of the company. A member here has a Kimber I built up and shot for a time before selling off.

The Kimber Rifle just isn't their bag of tricks. It's a production rifle with an impressive name behind it. Having said that, a ton of good gunsmiths can tune it for $300-$500 and make it shoot very well as is the case with most, generic, production guns.

If this question was not directed my way, sorry.

JD