Things that make you go Ahhh! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Things that make you go Ahhh!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Things that make me go AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

TNW Firearms, Inc. Manufacturers of the semi-auto 1919, M2HB and MG34.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:12 PM   #12

Funny you should ask! About 2 weeks back I went to an antique tea pot we keep on top of a book case. Everyone already knows whats in it, so the wife just dusts and sets it back. My gradson wanted one of my old class A unit shoulder patches I keep in there along with my dog tags & some other Army junk.

I hadn't looked in that thing for maybe 20 years. First thing I noticed when I took the lid off was 2 neatly rolled up 100 dollar bills. I do vaguely remember putting them in there, but forgot about it.

Not life changing money, but it was a pleasant surprise, kinda made me go AHHHHHHHHH.

Better keep it firearms related so I should probably mention that I spent the windfall on two Superior Arms stripped AR-15 lowers!

"The older I get, The better I was"

Last edited by kenhesr; 01-31-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:04 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post

Total 2600 rounds
you hit the jackpot.

"There's not too many things, a man can't fix, with a couple hundred rounds, and his 30-06."

Old 02-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #14

Liked 719 Times on 496 Posts
Likes Given: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsmeShane View Post
you hit the jackpot.
I guess that is all a matter of perspective. I think kenhesr did well. Although his cash would have bought much more 20 years ago. Who knew?

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #15

Liked 56 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 44

So I should probably bring the Mauser,Enfields and the new 308. Can I get them into NH ? Seriously I can't go any farther than 2 Hr. from home at this point, I have an 84 year old Mother that kind of keeps me in the neighborhood keeping an eye on her.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Last edited by dteed4094; 02-01-2010 at 12:35 AM.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #16

Please delete!

Dupe!

Last edited by jpattersonnh; 02-01-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
So I should probably bring the Mauser,Enfields and the new 308. Can I get them into NH ? Seriously I can't go any farther than 2 Hr. from home at this point, I have an 84 year old Mother that kind of keeps me in the neighborhood keeping an eye on her.
I can relate to an 84 year old parent. My Father in law had to go into a facility a few months ago. He can't be left home at all. As far as NH, If you come across NY, Vermont, and into NH you are all set. Handguns are no issue here. Full auto is also fine. I have some stellar .303 and 8x57 I'd share.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:46 AM   #18

Liked 56 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Default Had the world by the arse.

Had 80 acres in the country. Dad started having health probs. Moved 2 houses from Mom & Dad to be there. Dad had a series of strokes. Dad was my best friend. He sat in his chair for 10 years, I would dress him every morn and night undress and put him to bed, Hug and tell him I loved him. He died in my arms in 03. Mom is alone and Im close. I have the disheartening privilege of watching her deminish to the end.

Guns are my escape. Don't know as much as I want to about them, but am learning. I guess you would call it an obsession, at least my wife does. I call it a hobby. It is actually a resurected intrest from the early 70s. I had a FFL and dabbled in gunsmithing. Now I have an insatiable hunger for gun savi. I spend at least 4 hours a day bouncing from forum to forum. I am not a marksman in my estimation but enjoy shooting. I consider most people in this forum my friends.

Thanks for being one of them ( jpattersonnh, Cane,Stalkingbear,Dillinger etc.) and would like to put you all on my friends list.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Last edited by dteed4094; 02-01-2010 at 01:01 PM.