Tavor unboxing video
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Tavor unboxing video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 132 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Tavor unboxing video

Just got in my IWI TAVOR and I'm very impressed. Build quality, look and most importantly feel is far superior to the FN FS2000 which I sold a few months ago for $2700 (!!)...more than paying for this TAVOR. It shoulders easily, takes down easily, the trigger is no worse than any other bullpup I've used, in fact, I'd say it is no worse than any military rifle I've shot from Garand to ARs.

Here's the unboxing video...comes with all kinds of goodies and is extremely well packaged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mr5axJ9HveA

Last edited by Amsdorf; 07-11-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

I'm glad you touched on the trigger. It seems to be the only complaint about the gun but not a serious complaint. You can do a Polish and minor spring mod job to smooth it out a bit.
Awesome gun. Enjoy it.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #3

After reading horror stories about how bad the trigger weight is I was very surprised to discover it is no biggie.

I suspect many people whining about the trigger have not spent much time with military rifles, they are always heavy.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6614 Times on 3513 Posts
Likes Given: 490

My only substantial complaint is the location of the magazine. Makes it a bit clumsy to use prone and its not natural to me having the mag under my armpit.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 07-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #5

Liked 1148 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 2033

I tried to buy one of these months ago and they sold out before I could get home to place a order . I dont know if you follow Travis Haley much, but I have checked a few reviews he has done on them and this one is pretty good . Watch the video from 8:00- 11:30 , I think once a person gets used to mag changes it happens pretty quick .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 07-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
My only substantial complaint is the location of the magazine. Makes it a bit clumsy to use prone and its not natural to me having the mag under my armpit.
That's pretty much standard given the bullpup's design. I was impressed at how easily the mags insert and drop free. A world of difference from the FN FS2000 which requires you to really slam the mags home and firmly yank them free. The TAVOR does not have that issue, plus the bolt locks open on an empty mag, which is another thing I really prefer about it.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I tried to buy one of these months ago and they sold out before I could get home to place a order . I dont know if you follow Travis Haley much, but I have checked a few reviews he has done on them and this one is pretty good . Watch the video from 8:00- 11:30 , I think once a person gets used to mag changes it happens pretty quick .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJPgEozoHUA

Tim has several other great videos on the TAVOR and in fact has been invited over to Israel to visit the factory, etc. Cool

Old 07-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6614 Times on 3513 Posts
Likes Given: 490

The favor is about as good as it gets for a bullpup. Never heard of them being a fail to function rifle.

I'm sure if I didn't have nearly 40 years of mag in front of the trigger designs and was starting from scratch I wouldn't have as much distaste for bullpups as I do.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 07-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #9

Liked 1148 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 2033

Id like to get to play around with one , once I was told it would be a long while before they came back in stock. I had a second perspective on the want list and it popped up about 3 days later , I picked up the Kriss Vector CRB and have been playing around with it , its a very accurate shooter , but I would gladly trade it towards a Tavor

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens