Talk about PISSED OFF - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Talk about PISSED OFF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

When 8 was installing my ASAP plate, my lgs did not even have the wrench.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 01-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #32
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7784 Times on 4672 Posts
Likes Given: 9760

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Omg!!!!!

you scratched it!!!!!!
Stop it. I already feel bad enough. You should have sold it to someone who really deserves it and would treat it better. I scratched it trying to get it apart for cleaning. My hands aren't as strong as yours when you can field strip it with your bare hands. *cries some more*
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #33
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7784 Times on 4672 Posts
Likes Given: 9760

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I put a scratch on my beautiful Mark II and I fretted about it for days. I'm over it now.
Quote:
Omg!!!!!

you scratched it!!!!!!
Well, I was over it until Jon posted this. *falls to the floor crying*
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #34

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Omg!!!!!

you scratched it!!!!!!
I know its a real pisser but look at it like this , its black and ugly its not prize winner and its not making you money , shes just a fine dark lady with a beauty mark .
I dont toss my stuff around but I have learned its never going to be perfect forever , it adds character and gives you a good story later . All my scratches have been my own so that makes me feel a little better about them being on there .
IF you have intentions of using it ,its going to get them , if its going to be a safe queen then yes I would be pissed .Honestly I would put a little bit of cold bluing on it and not fret about it . You will see if you regularly use the sling is going to get wear in that area anyway so get used to it

Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #35

Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 919

I just get my guns pre-scratched so I dont have to worry about it.. I dont think I can hurt my rifles anymore than what they have already been though!

..And it really doesnt bother me at all if my Scout gets scratched, I think its getting to the point of having more "scratches" than paint!

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

from what i gather, PrimePorkChop's gripe isn't the scratch, but the idiots attitude towards the scratch and by trying to cover up his mistake by lying about it.

if the idiot had just fessed up and acted like an adult and made some attempt at trying to rectify the situation, i doubt PPC would have even posted this thread in the first place.

regretfully, we are all human and make mistakes, but how we respond and take care of those mistakes is what defines our character.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2128 Times on 1463 Posts
Likes Given: 793

What goes around comes around. I assembled a DPMS for a friend. I scratched the receiver installing the detent. He wanted to knock $60 off the total price. I was only making $50 on the job. So I kept the rifle and told him not to worry about it, get someone else. I sold the rifle for $2k. A few days later I take my dog to the vet and she needs $1k in dental work. At first I considered it as bad karma but the vet said her teeth have had damage for quite some time. So it was a blessing I had the cash to pay the vet.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #38

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
from what i gather, PrimePorkChop's gripe isn't the scratch, but the idiots attitude towards the scratch and by trying to cover up his mistake by lying about it.

if the idiot had just fessed up and acted like an adult and made some attempt at trying to rectify the situation, i doubt PPC would have even posted this thread in the first place.

regretfully, we are all human and make mistakes, but how we respond and take care of those mistakes is what defines our character.
Spot on analysis
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #39
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5986 Times on 3131 Posts
Likes Given: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Stop it. I already feel bad enough. You should have sold it to someone who really deserves it and would treat it better. I scratched it trying to get it apart for cleaning. My hands aren't as strong as yours when you can field strip it with your bare hands. *cries some more*
Get a loop of string and slide it under the lever and pull. No way to scratch it using that method

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 PM   #40

Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 919

I guess I dont have to worry about such things... Im starting to think my guns all have Leprosy, no one in town will touch them...

(Maybe people are afraid of being turned to stone? )