Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Talk about PISSED OFF (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/talk-about-pissed-off-82936/)

PrimePorkchop 01-31-2013 03:06 AM

Talk about PISSED OFF

1 Attachment(s)
I bought a new sling mount plate for my Colt a while back, and just now got around to buying an AR15 tool to put it on.

I went to my LGS to get the Ar15 tool, and while I was there, the guy offered to switch it out for me since he has a gun vice and, as he put it, could easily switch it out since he's done so many.

Look at this ****ing scratch. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So not only did it take him too long, but he scratched the piss out of my rifle.

I can't even begin to tell you how livid I was/am

But that wasn't what REALLY pissed me off. It was his reaction to the mistake:

"Sorry bro, that was already there, have a good day"

EDIT: I realize it might be hard to tell fromt hat shot because of the flash - but it's right there on the castle nut

CHLChris 01-31-2013 03:24 AM

Really? I'd be unhappy, too, but at least it wasn't your receiver. Just call it learning a lesson about that LGS and that guy's work ethic.

Squawk 01-31-2013 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop
I bought a new sling mount plate for my Colt a while back, and just now got around to buying an AR15 tool to put it on.

I went to my LGS to get the Ar15 tool, and while I was there, the guy offered to switch it out for me since he has a gun vice and, as he put it, could easily switch it out since he's done so many.

Look at this ****ing scratch. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So not only did it take him too long, but he scratched the piss out of my rifle.

I can't even begin to tell you how livid I was/am

And to make things worse...his response:

"Sorry bro, that was already there, have a good day"

EDIT: I realize it might be hard to tell fromt hat shot because of the flash - but it's right there on the castle nut

I can't see the scratch. Glare makes it hard. You should have talked to the manager or owner. I would have caused a scene like no other.

PrimePorkchop 01-31-2013 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squawk (Post 1117370)
I can't see the scratch. Glare makes it hard. You should have talked to the manager or owner. I would have caused a scene like no other.

I'll be going back on Saturday when I know the owner is going to be there.

They'll be replacing it and making amends or a scene there will be :rolleyes:

AR10 01-31-2013 03:35 AM

The nut can be replaced. Go in like a gentleman, and all will be made right.

In the current light, we do not need to be making any waves, or the impression we might be.

Remain calm, and the store owner will make it AOK. The guy you worked with, has a family and milk to buy. No need making things ruff for him over a scratch.

Cattledog 01-31-2013 03:36 AM

LOL. wow...I mean sorry dude. My advice is to learn your own rifle so you can scratch it yourself. Trust me, it's waaay less infuriating.

But yeah, give em hell if you gave them money for a botch job.

winds-of-change 01-31-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squawk (Post 1117370)

I don't see a scratch, either. But I don't really know where to look, either.

Cattledog 01-31-2013 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1117388)
I don't see a scratch, either. But I don't really know where to look, either.

It's on the castle nut. Actually a pretty common place to get f'd up

dog2000tj 01-31-2013 03:42 AM

Be pissed at the guy sure but don't go lose any sleep over it ... it's just a scratch :o It's not like it will affect the function of your rifle ;)

PrimePorkchop 01-31-2013 03:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cattledog (Post 1117381)
LOL. wow...I mean sorry dude. My advice is to learn your own rifle so you can scratch it yourself. Trust me, it's waaay less infuriating.

But yeah, give em hell if you gave them money for a botch job.

I know how to do it myself :cool:

But I went in to buy the tool from them, and we were talking, brought up needing to switch it out, and he offered to do it for me.

Still, lesson learned, I wont let others operate on my rifle again.

It's not a huge deal in the big scheme of things - and im not pissed off about the scratch - i'm pissed off about the "sorry bro, it was already there"

I'm pissed off that all he had to do was say "Damn man im sorry, here's a new castle nut" instead he **** his pants and couldn't man up to it, calling me a liar and saying it was already there.

Here's a better perspective.