T3 super varmint 25-06
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > T3 super varmint 25-06

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default T3 super varmint 25-06

I am looking at purchasing the t3 in this caliber I'm wondering if any one out there can give me any feedback on the rifle

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-30-2013, 12:37 AM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1220 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Have you actually seen this rifle in 25/06?
I tried to get Beretta USA to order me a LH version of the same rifle a couple years ago,and they wouldn't do it,even though Tikka offers it on their website.

Tikka rifles are very nice,and accurate rifles. The price of extra magazines is very high for them.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 06-30-2013, 05:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly
Have you actually seen this rifle in 25/06?
I tried to get Beretta USA to order me a LH version of the same rifle a couple years ago,and they wouldn't do it,even though Tikka offers it on their website.

Tikka rifles are very nice,and accurate rifles. The price of extra magazines is very high for them.
Yes I have inquired and you can get them in this caliber

Old 06-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Tikkas are very quality guns and the 25-06 is a great choice. The only thing bad about the tikkas is that their triggers aren't the best: a little creep to much overtravel. But to get your trigger tuned up or replaced shouldn't cost to much.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #5
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1220 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottstops View Post
Yes I have inquired and you can get them in this caliber
If you inquired at a gun shop,and they didn't have that rifle in stock,I'd bet they just looked on Tikka's website and saw that they do offer that rifle in many different calibers.
The problem is that Beretta USA will not special order any guns from Tikka,and they only import certain calibers in a given style of Tikka.

The only Varmint/Super Varmint calibers that I've ever seen here in the USA on any dealers rack is a 204/223/22-250/and 308.
The only LH Tikka rifles that I can buy are the T3 Lite models,Beretta USA will not import any other LH models for those of us that would like to buy one.
I'm sure that the same thing goes for the RH shooters too,They only import certain models and certain calibers for us to choose from.

Good luck on getting that rifle!

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 07-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I've never Shot the 25 06, but I have shot a few of the other caliber and have really liked them. I've have also really liked the triggers (maybe I got lucky or tjurgenson was unlucky). My brothers trigger and mine are both really crisp, and can be adjusted pretty light for a factory trigger. Good accurate gun. Let me know if you get it. I've been thinking about that same setup for a little while.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalboy26
I've never Shot the 25 06, but I have shot a few of the other caliber and have really liked them. I've have also really liked the triggers (maybe I got lucky or tjurgenson was unlucky). My brothers trigger and mine are both really crisp, and can be adjusted pretty light for a factory trigger. Good accurate gun. Let me know if you get it. I've been thinking about that same setup for a little while.
I have ordered it from lgs prob another two or three weeks until I get it waiting on my permit I will give you some feedback once I have given it a run

Old 07-02-2013, 04:00 AM   #8

Liked 195 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjurgensen View Post
Tikkas are very quality guns and the 25-06 is a great choice. The only thing bad about the tikkas is that their triggers aren't the best: a little creep to much overtravel. But to get your trigger tuned up or replaced shouldn't cost to much.
What Tikka are you shooting?!?! I have owned a BUNCH of rifles and my Tikka has the cleanest trigger of any of them, easily better then my X-Mark Pro, MOA trigger, and even my Accutriggers. Even people who don't like the feel of the T3 often admit that the trigger is fantastic.
Tikka makes a great gun, I would tell you how tight my T3 shoots but you would not believe me, I would not believe it if I had not shot it myself.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #9

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The 25-06 is simply an excellent long range medium varmint deer and Antelope cartridge. For varmints such as coyotes and wolves it is very effective. It is great on prairie dogs with the 75 gr. HP bullets. When using it on prairie dogs it is reserved for long range shooting. Volume shooting with a 25-06 can be tiring.
I prefer an older Mdl. 70 Winchester HB for varmints. My tag along rifle is an old Sako Forester 25-06. The 25-06 is a great choice.