Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   T/C Encore Rifle Barrels (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/t-c-encore-rifle-barrels-81998/)

blucoondawg 01-21-2013 06:55 AM

T/C Encore Rifle Barrels

I am wondering if anyone here has an Encore and some different T/C or aftermarket barrels, I am thinking about picking up a varmint barrel for my Encore and would like to hear any reviews on accuracy from different barrels if any are out there.

Marlinman 01-21-2013 07:17 AM

Which barrel are you wanting? I have the heavy ss 22-250 that's ported amd fluted I yote hunt w and I love it. I have 4 other barrels for it including my 54 cal black powder.

blucoondawg 01-21-2013 12:24 PM

I was going to get 223 and 22-250 in no particular order. Do you have an Encore barrel or one from an aftermarket or custom shop? What sort of groups do you get out of it?

Marlinman 01-21-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg (Post 1103527)
I was going to get 223 and 22-250 in no particular order. Do you have an Encore barrel or one from an aftermarket or custom shop? What sort of groups do you get out of it?

That one is an encore barrel. Accuracy wise I'm getting 1" groups w factory ammo, reloads I have it down to 3/4"

blucoondawg 01-22-2013 02:38 PM

I have been reading on accuracy of these guns and it seems the accuracy can be dialed down pretty well, mainly with measuring the headspace and gap between the firing pin bushing and the back of the chamber and resizing your brass to eliminate as much of this space as possible. I also read a review stating the encore 223 barrel is not very accurate compared to their other calibers but I don't know why that would be.

Marlinman 01-22-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg (Post 1105187)
I have been reading on accuracy of these guns and it seems the accuracy can be dialed down pretty well, mainly with measuring the headspace and gap between the firing pin bushing and the back of the chamber and resizing your brass to eliminate as much of this space as possible. I also read a review stating the encore 223 barrel is not very accurate compared to their other calibers but I don't know why that would be.

It has to do w the fact that they can't seem to get the riflings right to get it stabilized good. Iv never been able to figure that out. Not when the 250 will stabilize just fine.

Marlinman 01-22-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlinman (Post 1105283)

It has to do w the fact that they can't seem to get the riflings right to get it stabilized good. Iv never been able to figure that out. Not when the 250 will stabilize just fine.

Depending on what style of barrel you want me or my partner can build you a custom one in 223 for the encore rifles. If you want more info pm me on it Blue.

blucoondawg 01-22-2013 03:47 PM

Could be a possibility, gotta wait til tax return gets here to do anything, damned employers take their sweet time getting out the w2 every year, I get it about Feb. 4, really burns my a$$

Marlinman 01-22-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg (Post 1105299)
Could be a possibility, gotta wait til tax return gets here to do anything, damned employers take their sweet time getting out the w2 every year, I get it about Feb. 4, really burns my a$$

Well just let me know

kingrider 01-22-2013 05:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg
I am wondering if anyone here has an Encore and some different T/C or aftermarket barrels, I am thinking about picking up a varmint barrel for my Encore and would like to hear any reviews on accuracy from different barrels if any are out there.

I have a prohunter with the 204ruger and 7mm-08 barrels. Both will shoot well under an inch. The 204 will put 5 shots under a dime any day of the week with bergers or blitzkings. Here's a couple pictures of some 204 groups.

Attachment 80964

Attachment 80965