T/C Encore Pro Hunter - Opinions?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > T/C Encore Pro Hunter - Opinions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default T/C Encore Pro Hunter - Opinions?

Would welcome any thoughts or comments on the Thompson Center Pro Hunter system. Pros & cons? Thanks in advance!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #2

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby476
Would welcome any thoughts or comments on the Thompson Center Pro Hunter system. Pros & cons? Thanks in advance!
Pros : multi barrels are ripe for the picking just pop on a new barrel an wam new caliber. The gun is very accurate. Its lightweight. Very well built. Plus single shot makes u really try to make the 1 shot u have. Also fewer moving parts to wear out. CONS: its a single **** but then again ok cool I like that so is this a con????? No other cons imho.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #3

Liked 268 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 27

It is nice that with a few barrels it will work good as for BP, shotgun and slug gun and a rifle or pistol. Pretty well covers every season hunting. If getting in to hunting now I would buy the handgun version in a 454 or 460 for staight wall case needs and buy a slug barrel and bp barrel then a rifle barrel from bullberry rifle barrel. In 45 years of hunting I have shot a second round 2 times so a single shot to me is not a big deal.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
It is nice that with a few barrels it will work good as for BP, shotgun and slug gun and a rifle or pistol. Pretty well covers every season hunting. If getting in to hunting now I would buy the handgun version in a 454 or 460 for staight wall case needs and buy a slug barrel and bp barrel then a rifle barrel from bullberry rifle barrel. In 45 years of hunting I have shot a second round 2 times so a single shot to me is not a big deal.
Thats what I said very universal

Old 12-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #5

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Pros : multi barrels are ripe for the picking just pop on a new barrel an wam new caliber. The gun is very accurate. Its lightweight. Very well built. Plus single shot makes u really try to make the 1 shot u have. Also fewer moving parts to wear out. CONS: its a single **** but then again ok cool I like that so is this a con????? No other cons imho.
Single what? Lol and they are very good guns OP. Mulie was right on it all. Only other "con" i see about em is the other barrels are so expensive.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Single what? Lol and they are very good guns OP. Mulie was right on it all. Only other "con" i see about em is the other barrels are so expensive.
Very true the barrels are not cheap, but hey u could look at the new handi grip handi rifle from h&r their barrels for rifle start at 96$ an bull barrel are $114

Old 12-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #7

Thanks for all the input. Brings me back to my teen years and our NEF single shot 20 gauge.
Barrel cost is relative...seem to be a top quality firearm. $250-$350 for additional barrel seems OK considering total cost for another complete high quality rifle!

Old 12-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Good idea. not so good in practice. Lots of complaints on the accuracy with the encore. One guy has built a business in fixing the problem. Take a look at his site.

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/

Old 12-07-2011, 01:44 AM   #9

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I have a T/C Encore Pro Hunter. I bought one of the first ones when they first came out. As a hunting rifle, I love it! Mine is stainless with the synthetic camo stock. I don't worry about getting it all scratched up . I have the muzzleloader, a .25-06 barrel, a .300 Mag barrel, and a 7mm Mag barrel. It's very versatile, as others have said.

As far as accuracy, it's not designed to be a benchrest gun. Mine is just as accurate as my Browning A-Bolt .270. And for some reason, my muzzleloader barrel is insanely accurate! I can shoot tighter groups with the muzzleloader barrel at 100 yards than I can with any of the rifle barrels. My old man liked mine so much that he bought one the newer Endeavor models a couple years ago. He has several barrels for his too. We both hunt with the T/Cs primarily.