Swedish m96/38 questions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Swedish m96/38 questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 01:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Swedish m96/38 questions

Does any one on here know were i could by a flash suppressor for an m96/38 mauser? And also i just got one of these and the guy i got it from didn't even know if these took stripper clips just said he'd always used it as a single shot. Any info on this would be very helpful. I know i probably sound stupid but i'd rather ask than not know. Thanks for any help. Also its a carl gustaf made in 1901 if that helps?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-16-2009, 03:47 PM   #2

The flash threads on a AR 15 suppressor will work, I'm pretty sure. If you get one for a AR 10, it'll be large enough.

You can load the rifle by pushing in the rounds, don't really need a stripper clip. Just make sure you load from the magazine, as the Mauser has to load that way or else you'll booger up the brass.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #3

Standard thread for an AR is 1/28. I very highly doubt a European made rifle will have that thread pitch.

The threads on your M96 are for a blank firing device. The rounds where actually loaded with a wooden projectle and the device covered the muzzle causing the projectile to shatter.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 03-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #4

The reason I said I thought it would fit is because I "THINK" I screwed an AR flash suppressor on a Swedish Mauser a long time back. At least that's my memory.

The thread 1/2 x 28 in metric would be 12mm x 28. I wouldn't think that would be unusual at all.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #5

Got it. If he has an AR flash hider kicking around it's worth trying it out. I'd just be concerned that with trying to mix and match standard to metric since a conversion would be close, but not exact. Some of the flash hiders that "self tighten" like Vortex might concern me but a standard crush washer or peel washers might be ok.

I wasn't trying to sound like a dick before. Sorry if it came out that way. My wife sometimes accuses me of that...

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 03-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #6

Well, I think I screwed up on the 12mm x 28 thing. And I'm not sure if I remember correctly on the AR flash hider. And if he got one for an AR it would be too small for the 6.5mm Mauser.

At any rate, you can buy them on-line, the real ones, for < $20.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:58 AM   #7

Yea I already got one on order. Sorry haven't had time to check back on this. Found one for like 18 bucks not bad. Also have a few corrections to its actually a m96 (gevarB). Was wondering what yall think this is worth? Ok its all #s matching except the firing pin. And the stock on it right now is not stock but do have original stock (scratched and nicked pretty bad) but #s do match.also has meddalion rating barrel as a 1 which is still the case(very good condition bore). Made in 1901. Carl gustaf stads (and I don't remember the last word but it starts with a g.So what do yall think?

Old 03-21-2009, 02:34 AM   #8

Be careful with Jerry Rigged stuff on the end of the muzzle! If it's not quite right you could end up blowing up the barrel, just like having an obstruction in the muzzle.

Threads on the muzzle are for a blank adaptor, as noted above. It's not intended for "accessories," and I'd leave it at that. The Swede Mauser is pretty much "perfect" just the way the Swedes built it. Let's not "Bubba" perfection because it might "look kewl."

Old 03-24-2009, 03:25 AM   #9

Flash hiders for sweeds may be found Welcome to Samco Global Arms, Inc..