Survival Bag
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Survival Bag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default Survival Bag

Ok I was thinking what I could use in a survival pack or bag if something ever happens and wanted your opinion's ( which I value alot ) in what weapons and items I would need ok here's what I wanted to have in it
1. An Ak-47 a good one with an under folding stock
2. A pump 12 guage shot gun
3. One side arm (.38 special,.357.45)etc..
4 and another SUR ( not nessary )such as an AR-15 but has to be easy to take apart such as upper and lower can be taken apart and stored in pack
And a bag to keep it all in and any other items you may think I may need (75-90 pounds total equipment)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #2

Well I think if you go with an ar15 you won't need the ak47. That is a lot of rifle to carry around in a pinch. Plus they hole different kinds of ammo which means a lot more weight the 5.56 NATO rounds are lighter and just as effective to shoot the 7.62 is very bulky and heavy. So in my opinion choose one or the other with the rifle. Handgun I would go with .45 great rounds I think. Most 357 guns are revolvers 45s are pistols which hold more rounds in the magazine. And easier to carry spare ammo and quicker to load. Shotgun is good idea but again semi auto is the way to go there too the rest of your grab and go bag water and non perishable food.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Ok but personally I prefer the Ak-47 over the AR-15 any day and your prolly right on the pistol. And i own a 12 guage home defender pump mabey 20 inches long give a little. And you could also get an Ak that shoots 5.55 NATO

Old 07-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #4

i think your ok on the rifle. 500 bucks you can get a great AK underfolder that you can practically bury with the bolt open and it will never jam on you. if you want an AR like that, might as well take out a loan or find a gun store that has finacing.

i agree on the pistol. go with the auto-loader take down calibur, anything above .40 cal. but id also consider a long range rifle. bolt action if you prefer that. something .308 or prehaps .300 winmag. with the AK you sacrifice accuracy past 200 yrds for reliability and take down power. better back up it up with something that can reach out and touch someone.

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 07-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #5

I know what you are talking about with the ar15 compared to the ak. But the ar15 can hold more like scopes flashlights Night vision forward grip which takes away room in your bag. Weight in your bag is very important. it can be supplemented as a snipe (closer range of course) but still far enough that the ak cannot get to. And if you already have a pump action then that should be fine. No sound is better than the sound of a pump lol.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithKid308 View Post
Ok I was thinking what I could use in a survival pack or bag if something ever happens and wanted your opinion's ( which I value alot ) in what weapons and items I would need ok here's what I wanted to have in it
1. An Ak-47 a good one with an under folding stock
2. A pump 12 guage shot gun
3. One side arm (.38 special,.357.45)etc..
4 and another SUR ( not nessary )such as an AR-15 but has to be easy to take apart such as upper and lower can be taken apart and stored in pack
And a bag to keep it all in and any other items you may think I may need (75-90 pounds total equipment)
You might not survive carrying your pack.

Honestly, if it were me, I would carry 2 pistols and one SUR reliable & accurate enough (most likely an AR).

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Old 07-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Me personally I would go with a 9mm (some pistols hold almost 20 rounds per mag) a 12 gauge with a folding stock and short barrel (police style not sawed off), and a M14 EBR. 9 holds a fair amount of ammo and aint to bad in general, 12 gauge for CQB and hunting ammo's everywhere, and M14 because it has range and stopping power you might need for people or game, ammo can be a little heavy but I think it worth it. If not you could always go with a AR 5.56 has good range stopping power aint great but it lighter the 308

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 07-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #8

Liked 2544 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

I'd be looking for an accurate bolt-action carbine, in a SHTF pinch.

You're trying to survive, not win a war.

A 22LR or .223 might serve general need better

than weapons of modern warfare.

Bear in mind, firearms are only ONE part of your

overall gear...

Old 07-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #9

Your right weapons are a small part of the pack however you don't really put the guns in the pack you need holsters and straps to keep your weapons in the ready and hopefully an ammo vest but that still is not enough ammo you need it in your pack as well. So small ammo with a good punch will do well for weight. .223 is good for hunting rabbits and squirrels to deer (if you have a great shot) 7.62 will darn near shred your prey if it is small.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I would carry a small 22 Lr for very small game but for deer well, that why I have a shot gun