Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Suggestions on a trainer for a 6 year old? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/suggestions-trainer-6-year-old-66378/)

Wiebelhaus 06-14-2012 12:42 AM

Suggestions on a trainer for a 6 year old?
 
Any suggestions on a trainer air rifle for a 6 year old boy, something strong enough to be taken seriously but not weak enough to see the pellet/bb flop out of the front, how do these .177 hit a target at 20/30 yards?

Marlinman 06-14-2012 12:44 AM

Get either a Remington airmaster or a powerline 880. And they hit very hard at that distance. The two I mentioned are pumps so it is dependent on how may times it is pumped up and how many times said 6 year old is capable of pumping it.

jjfuller1 06-14-2012 12:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i have a crossman .22 pellet rifle... not twenty minutes ago i killed a woodchuck with it at about 20yards


one shot into the neck

Marlinman 06-14-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1
i have a crossman .22 pellet rifle... not twenty minutes ago i killed a woodchuck with it at about 20yards

I wouldn't give that to a 6 year old jj. Want some help killing chicks w a pellet rifle? I haven't killed anything bigger than a chipmunk w my new gamo hornet:'(

jjfuller1 06-14-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlinman (Post 835288)
I wouldn't give that to a 6 year old jj. Want some help killing chicks w a pellet rifle? I haven't killed anything bigger than a chipmunk w my new gamo hornet:'(

i got my air rifle when i was 11. i would use one or two pumps and shoot it into a pellet trap in the basement. its a pump with a max fps of about 600. how is this not a good choice compared to the other two already mentioned that im sure reach a higher fps than that?

Marlinman 06-14-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1

i got my air rifle when i was 11. i would use one or two pumps and shoot it into a pellet trap in the basement. its a pump with a max fps of about 600. how is this not a good choice compared to the other two already mentioned that im sure reach a higher fps than that?

Ah I thought you ment you had a break barrel. Yes the other two do shoot faster.

jjfuller1 06-14-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlinman (Post 835288)
I wouldn't give that to a 6 year old jj. Want some help killing chicks w a pellet rifle? I haven't killed anything bigger than a chipmunk w my new gamo hornet:'(

BTW. 3 more chucks running around.. come sit with me in my sniper nest. hehe

Marlinman 06-14-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1

BTW. 3 more chucks running around.. come sit with me in my sniper nest. hehe

Done. Be there soon;) in my mind I'm there anyways:(

HockaLouis 06-14-2012 01:09 AM

6 year old boy? I'm thinkin' cap gun and GI Joes...

Marlinman 06-14-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis
6 year old boy? I'm thinkin' cap gun and GI Joes...

6 is a good age for a kid to start out supervised w an air rifle


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:56 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.