still new
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > still new

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default still new

Looking into AR-15s anyone have input on bushmaster xm15E2 with a 16" chrome lined barrel. The other one I'm looking at is R Guns m-4 16" chrome Molly m-4 profile barrel. Hope ya'll can help

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #2

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

I have several Bushmaster weapons. I would put their AR-15 rifles up against anyone's. Their quality is excellent for the price, and they make reputable weapons. In 5 rifles from Bushmaster and thousands of rounds spanning several years, I have yet to encounter a single problem.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #3

Have u ever heard of the company R guns, looks to be of high quality, but looks can be deceiving

Old 05-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6698 Times on 3734 Posts
Likes Given: 6473

I know I'll offend several folks be saying this, but........

I have a Bushmaster dissapator, 16 barrel carbine with a TA31 ACOG, and it's been accurate, handy and 100 percent reliable, through over 5000 rounds or more. For the moment at least, it's my "go to" gun.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpswope7896 View Post
Have u ever heard of the company R guns, looks to be of high quality, but looks can be deceiving
I've heard mixed reviews about them. The main thing is to make sure they have what you want in stock before ordering and paying. They aren't very good when it comes to back orders. Days can often turn into weeks and sometimes months. That's tough when they have your money.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #6

Liked 764 Times on 533 Posts
Likes Given: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
I've heard mixed reviews about them. The main thing is to make sure they have what you want in stock before ordering and paying. They aren't very good when it comes to back orders. Days can often turn into weeks and sometimes months. That's tough when they have your money.

R guns is a C&R distributer. Ask them who makes their Ar's! I've done a bunch of business w/ them on collectables. Always 1st rate. Where are you getting your information?????? This type of post can kill a distributer and put dozens of people out of work.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Last edited by jpattersonnh; 05-10-2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: R guns

Old 05-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #7

From several forums like this one. They have good deals, but I've talked to several guys who ordered ammo, only to find that they didn't have it in stock, or else sold out before they filled their order. You know how that goes. I just went through this with Wideners on some powder. I ordered and got some. A while later I placed another order for more and it was in stock when I placed the order. It never got shipped after almost three weeks so I called and cancelled. They sold it out before they marked it "sold out" on their website. The bottom line is you can't sell what you don't have.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:50 AM   #8

So R guns are good, or should I just pony up the extra money and get a smith and wesson

Old 05-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #9

Liked 764 Times on 533 Posts
Likes Given: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpswope7896 View Post
So R guns are good, or should I just pony up the extra money and get a smith and wesson
I've had great luck w/ R Guns as a distributer. I can't comment on the quality of the AR's they have. Again, call and ask questions.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Of the 3 I would get the S&W. Only for the fact S&W uses Melonite QPQ treatment on their barrels. Careful which model S&W you get. They have a stripped down "sport" version which lacks a Forward assist and Ejection port door. If that is what you are looking at, go with the one of the other two. Nothing wrong with the "Sport" mind you, just not what a first time buyer needs/wants IMHO.