Steyr Rolls Out Big Bores
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Steyr Rolls Out Big Bores

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default Steyr Rolls Out Big Bores

From The Shooting Wire 4/9/2010

Steyr Rolls Out Big Bores With Promotional Pricing on HS .50 and HS .460

TRUSSVILLE, ALABAMA -Steyr Arms has drastically reduced the price of its big-bore ultra-long-range HS .50 and HS .460 rifles to $3,995 for the entire month of April-or while supplies last. This special promotional sale represents a savings of nearly 25 percent off the suggested retail of $5,299 for HS .50 and HS .460 rifles.

Available in either .50 BMG or .460 Steyr chamberings, the smooth-cycling, single-shot, bolt-action HS platform features a 33-inch cold-hammer-forged and fluted barrel that provides unparalleled accuracy and ensures supersonic velocity at distances beyond 1,500 meters with most match ammunition. A highly efficient, three-chamber muzzle brake tames felt recoil. The barrel is fully free-floated above the rigid aluminum stock. A beefy two-lug bolt locks into the barrel block, which mates the barrel to the stock via two action screws. This configuration provides for quick and easy disassembly for cleaning and transportation. A 20-MOA declination Picatinny rail is attached to the barrel block, so the scope remains attached to the rifle when disassembled to prevent loss of zero. Maintenance is easy due to a low parts count.

The HS rifle has a two-stage direct trigger, and it utilizes a standard AR-style pistol grip. The rifle comes complete with a heavy-duty adjustable bipod that pivots on a Versa-Pod-style post. Purpose-built scope mounts are available from Steyr Arms in 1-inch, 30 mm and 34 mm sizes.

To take advantage of this incredible offer, visit your Steyr Authorized Dealer, or call Steyr Arms at (205) 655-8299. You can find your nearest Steyr Authorized Dealer by entering your zip code at Steyr Mannlicher US:*Dealers.

Steyr Arms is one of the world's oldest and most prestigious firearms manufacturers. Steyr's comprehensive lines of premium hunting rifles and precision sporting and tactical firearms are technically mature, and their subtle elegance also communicates the harmony between appearance and substance. In addition to the Steyr-Mannlicher rifles, Steyr Arms is now the sole U.S. importer and distributor of Merkel shotguns, rifles, drillings and combination arms as well as the Anschutz Sporting Rifle Series. For more information, contact Steyr Arms, Inc., 7661 Commerce Lane, Trussville, AL 35173; (205) 655-8299;
Steyr Mannlicher US:*Steyr HS .50
Steyr Mannlicher US:*Steyr HS .460
Steyr Mannlicher US:*Steyrarms.com.

Steyr Arms Rifle Specifications
Model: Steyr Arms HS .50; HS .460

Operation: Single-shot, bolt action

Caliber: .50 BMG; .460 Steyr
Barrel: 33-inch cold-hammer-forged steel

Rifling: 8 grooves; 1:15
Weight: 28.5 lbs.
Overall Length: 54 inches
Trigger: 2-stage direct trigger; 4 pounds
Safety: Push-button trigger-blocking
Scope Mounts: Mil. Std. 1913 rail

Accessories: Adjustable bipod

Be sure to visit us at booth #3013 at the 2010 NRA Annual Meetings In Charlotte.
Mike Nischalke (703) 380-3595 mike@hunteroc.com

Karen Lutto (830) 755-4308 karen@hunteroc.com

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I dunno but all them are kind of FUGLY.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:44 AM   #3

^ if it works really well and styer does, does it matter if its not as attractive rifle? big ol 50's like the ones styer and barret makes arent really meant to win any beauty pagents ether, they are meant to take out a target way tha hell out there

Old 04-12-2010, 01:35 AM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

So? The .460 is a proprietary round, mated with a rifle that weighs 28.5 pounds and the barrel is cold hammer forged? All for $5K and I still get to buy ammo and optics??

Hmmmmm.

I am going to pass and build my own. But. I have that luxury.

JD