Stevens 200 Stock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Stevens 200 Stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Stevens 200 Stock

Hi,

I am looking for something a little different, and can't find it. I got a Steven 200 in .270 for my graduation gift. The other day I took it down to clean it, and noticed that the synthetic stock is warped, and that a point about half way down the barrel was actually making contact with the barrel. I talked to a guy I work with who was a sniper in the military for eleven years, and did four tours in Iraq. He seems to really know his stuff. He told me I could use a heat gun, heat the entire stock evenly and bend it back, or I could get a new stock. I saw a Howa pistol grip stock with floating barrel. I want a stock for the two hundred like that. However an hour of googling Steven's Gun Stocks, Howa Stock style, Pistol gripped target stocks, etc. I am no closer to finding anything that could possibly suit what I am looking for. So anyone that maybe knows a different search, or a website, I would really really appreciate your help!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Did you try Boyds stocks ? they have a good many stocks for savage/stevens . you may find what you are looking for there. If not I thought I saw some stocks for your gun at Cabelas' website. Also, try Bell and Carlson stocks. I don't know what would happen if you tried to use a heat gun on your "tupperware" stock, my guess is that it could turn out badly, use caution. Hope I have been of some help, Ron...

Old 12-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #3

Liked 56 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Try this
Bargain List

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #4

You have a ton of options with the long action. Any stock for a Savage 110 series will fit with 5.062" screw spacing.

If you were admiring the stock on the Howa I suspect the stock is made by Knoxx Industries and is called the Axiom. Not sure if it's even available for Savage. If it is, you might want to try to handle a rifle that wears one before you purchase. Not a big fan of that particular stock.

Good luck.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-