Stealth Recon Scout Covert: Legal in CA?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Stealth Recon Scout Covert: Legal in CA?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Stealth Recon Scout Covert: Legal in CA?

I am going to be 18 in February of 2012, and I'm planning on purchasing my first firearm. I have been doing a LOT of research on the subject, but since I live in this horrible state with paranoid parents I haven't had any range time or up-close firearm experience. However, I know more about them than any civilian I know, period.

Right now I have been drooling over a particular model made by Desert Tactical Arms known as the SRS Covert in .308 Winchester. This would be a long-lasting, multi-purpose rifle for hunting, the range, possible home defense, and hanging on the wall for showing off. However, the website claims that the overall length (without the suppressor, of course) is only 28.25 inches. Does that mean that it is too short to own in California?

It looks like an amazing rifle. If you haven't heard of it, it's the shortest .308 Winchester in existence and you should definitely check out the link below. Extremely durable. Does anyone know if it's legal where I live? Thank you.

Stealth Recon Scout (SRS) Covert .308 WIN | Desert Tactical Arms

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

The FTF flunked it’s Bar exam.

Only a fool would seek legal advice from a public forum and has a fool for his counselor.

The only thing more stupid than sourcing legal advice from a public forum is providing said advice!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-20-2011, 02:29 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

If you'll take the time to read the website you gave the link to; it says under Support and FAQs section, that yes it is CA legal.

Also here is the CA DOJ website. Better to get the facts for yourself then trust others to interpret for you, IMO.

Bureau of Firearms - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 01-20-2011, 02:46 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

You understand that the suppressor is sold separately? I don't know how easily you'll be able to get a permit for it and your age may be a factor as well. This is California and they hate guns here, guess what they think about suppressor?

I'm just sayin'.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-20-2011, 04:14 AM   #5

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Really? For the cost of that, you could get a REAL gun built by GA Precision.

Unimpressive.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-20-2011, 04:51 AM   #6

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

If you are looking to spend that kind of dough on a .308W might I suggest yoou look at one made by these folks,

Custom AR10 Rifles Accuracy Systems Gunsmith Gunsmithing AR 10

More often than not the manufacturer can give you an answer as to whether a firearm is legal to own in your state

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Last edited by dog2000tj; 01-20-2011 at 05:45 AM.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:28 AM   #7

thanks guys, i guess i kinda rushed into this cuz i got excited over the new find. i will look more carefully next time.

also, if any of you are veterans, thank you for your service. i am eternally grateful.