Starting a gun collection should i buy expensive guns first or vice versa? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Starting a gun collection should i buy expensive guns first or vice versa?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
I buy whatever my heart desires first and most importantly, if my wallet allows me to.
For me, my most important factor is if my wife lets me.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #32

Liked 4787 Times on 2315 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
My priority was collecting a home first to put them in. A good handgun and a good lomg gun for self protection then hunker down and devote yourself to college or learning a trade. Start working on a down payment for a home.

You do NOT want to wait until your in your mid twenties or later to think about that!! You need to have priorities in line first.

Just my advice heed it or not up to you.
Bingo!

I know many "collectors" who are more like "swappers" because they have no financial discipline and wind up selling off numerous guns at a loss to pay the rent every time they get laid off...

Don't be THAT guy. You can certainly get a few and enjoy them but college or trade school now will mean much more financial freedom to indulge your passions later.

Tack

Old 08-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #33

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default first things first

I know you may not want to take this advice ,but im 48 ...was 18 a long time ago ..If I had to start over with 3000.00 stake I would invest in an education/trade school ....mmi harley mech ,welding school , etc something that you enjoy doing, then I would 'nt fall in love with the soul mate of my dreams ,enjoy freedom but be steadfast to your work ethic and save most of your money..for example a specialty welder can work overseas make a ton of money tax free ,merchant marines see the world ,make alot of money and all of your expenses are paid ...retire a millionaire at 40 and you can buy all the cool guns you want . but for now buy a ruger 10/22 and a ruger mk target pistol . 2 gun 1 ammo priciple to get started ....