Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Stainless Steel versus Blued Barrels: Which is better?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

Stainless is more resistant to Rust, but not rust proof. If you take care of your firearms, you should see an eqaul amount of years out of both. Every hunting rifle I own is blued and wood. I hunt in 90 degree heat or -10, snow, ice, rain and no rust or pitting.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I think stainless is very sharp looking but I don't really think it has anything to do with shootability. I always think I'd like to own a stainless gun but when I go to buy it I usually have the price difference dedicated to my next purchase. If you are getting stainless to forego thorough cleaning after each day of use, DON'T. A gun is kind of like a good woman, after each use they should be cleaned and have lotion (oil in the case of a gun) massaged into all surfaces, being sure not to skip all nooks and crannys. Just my .02.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.