Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Sporterized Mosin Nagant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sporterized Mosin Nagant

Does anyone have a Sporterized Mosin? I am going to buy a stock Mosin and put a Monte carlo stock on it for now. I saw a Archangel Promag stock on Youtube from the shotshow2013. It looks great, I want to do that to a Mosin as well, but I have to start somewhere. Stock Mosins are $100 to $175 and you can get really creative with them. 7.62x54R is about a .308 so it is a large caliber rifle. I plan on shooting targets at 200 yards to hone my skills.

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #2

Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I'd start with a M38 or m44 carbine version. I'd also add a scout mount and a red dot sight. I'm a lefty so they always put the cheek rest on the wrong side so I'd just put a rubber butt pad on the original stock and be done. HMMM I've got a m38 just sitting.............

Old 02-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #3

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I your gonna sporterize a Mosin, do it to a 91/30 not a M38. You'll have enough extra barrel to cut off the front sights and the barrel will fit the stock better.M38 are hard to find now, it would be a shame to butcher one.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.