Son of A-ssault Weapon Ban In Realtime! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Son of A-ssault Weapon Ban In Realtime!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 188 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Glad I got my STAG when I did!! Think the price of uppers will go up/is up too?

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Savage Model 11
Saiga 7.62x39
Mossberg MVP Varmint
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2
53 Springfield M1 Garand

Old 12-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3181 Times on 1549 Posts
Likes Given: 1599

Doc,

I think you are mostly correct! There is not a dealer in the country that can keep ARs on the shelf no matter what the price. I saw a guy buy a tricked out AR the other day for $2000.00 and then purchased 1000 rounds of ammunition for it before he walked out the door. And the ammunition was not cheap I think he paid around $700 for it but not positive. The past week I have been in four fairly good sized gun shops and stopped at several Walmarts while on the road this past week. The stores or the Walmarts had Zero ARs on the shelf and Zero 223/5.56 or 308 ammunition in any of them.
The two Walmarts that are in my home town area had 6 AR Rifles in stock the week before last and I stopped by last evening on my way home Zero ARs and Zero Ammunition for the 223/5.56 or 308 rounds the shelves were bare! Most manufacturers are as of today over a year out on delivery even if they have a delivery date. This is far worse than the last ban scare. And then a lot of individuals are gearing up should the SHTF. So there are essentially two situations going on.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 12-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7133 Times on 3949 Posts
Likes Given: 6883

Just calm down and wsait it out.

The craziness will die down in a few months.

People Like This 
Old 12-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
Just calm down and wsait it out.

The craziness will die down in a few months.
Ammo companies a year out??? Their in business! They will have that line cranked up in no time.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #15

Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I keep hearing about the current AR rifle shortage but I've not a word about other "black" rifles, like the AK variants, SIGs, HK's and so forth. Seems this would be the time to buy a few since these days AR's are all on six month back order from the suppliers and selling for a major premium!

Old 12-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #16

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachilders
I keep hearing about the current AR rifle shortage but I've not a word about other "black" rifles, like the AK variants, SIGs, HK's and so forth. Seems this would be the time to buy a few since these days AR's are all on six month back order from the suppliers and selling for a major premium!
All my lgs are out if most modern rifles. And pistols were fewer than I had seen in awhile.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #17

Liked 814 Times on 622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
Ammo companies a year out??? Their in business! They will have that line cranked up in no time.
China was the "arsenal of democracy" when $200 got you an SKS w/accessories and a 1,200-round case of ammo till Clinton killed that behind the scenes. Basically only deteriorated surplus and new steel-cased Russian ammo was available for a long time (almost a coupla years) after the November 2007 election in any quantity.

We may look back six months from now and remember the 'good old days' when .223 had only 14 bids at $325 for 500 rounds of Wolf .223 with 6 hrs. to go...
sg-case-1-308-b.jpg  

Last edited by HockaLouis; 12-27-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 214 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac131911 View Post
I started to pick up a AR a couple of months ago, but decided to put it off to tax season. Looks like I messed up by passing on it.
Well I might have to agree with you on that one.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 12-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1223 Times on 799 Posts
Likes Given: 788

i just need to get an upper with taxes and im gtg. got my lower a few months back

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #20

Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts

I was checking online prices of guns yesterday. The day before the Newtown shootings I purchased a NIB M&P-15 Sport at a local sporting goods store for $600. They are currently selling on gun sites like Gunbroker and Bud's for a "Purchase Now" price of $1,700-$1,800. Luckily, I have two of them along with a few other military style rifles I purchased - for once - when the asking prices were still below MSRP. There was a gun show here last month and there will be another the first weekend in January. I'm curious to see what the markup will be on anything that's even remotely associated with "assault" style weapons and if it will have a trickle down effect on other products.

Personally, I believe many (most?) of the rifles purchased in the past 10 days or so were by speculators hoping the price will run up due to panic buying and they're simply trying to cash in. Even my S&W 15-22 is now almost impossible to find, has gone from $400 to $600 and it's a .22! I can only imagine what increases we'll see if any sort of AWB is ever really enacted. I'd also like to know why all the military caliber rifle ammo is flying off the shelves? Is this becoming another one of those manufactured shortages caused by the few who want to cash in at the expense of everyone else? I suppose it's like a certain presidential adviser said before he recently became Mayor of Chicago, "you never want a serious crisis to go to waste".

Still, I can't really say I blame the people taking advantage of the situation since we all know the next crisis is always just around the corner and we should have been prepared by stocking our supplies and equipment long before now.

Last edited by rachilders; 12-28-2012 at 05:57 PM.