Someone help out the new guy - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Someone help out the new guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Good advice- and be prepared to spend 25% or more of the purchase price on a scope. You CAN buy a cheaper one. You'll be sorry.

There are several other calibers you can look at- but a 30-06 will do the job for anything short of African big game (or a blue whale)
You beat me to it!
It is better to put a Leupold on a Savage than a Tasco on a Kimber!!!
It is still hard to beat the OLD (1906) 30-06 for your purpose.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 06-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

You can also try some older model from some company. I been noticed outdoors world been selling the Browning A bolt cheep ever since Browning intro. the X bolt. Now to me I like the A bolt better because some model came glassbeded with adj. trigger from the factory. But the price are under $500. Now as for scope most of my rifle wear a Nikon buckmaster BDC or Burris FullField with bdc. They are around $200 but value not bad for the price. Since I hunt out west I look through the bino more than the rifle scope. I save my money and get the top of the line bino.