Some play in forearm?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Some play in forearm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Some play in forearm?

I have a ruger hawkeye m77 in wood stock standard, which is factory free floated. Is it normal when you put some pressure on the forearm for it to move slightly. I tried adjusting the action screws but i think it has to do with forearm pressure. Basically, when i hold the rifle and squeeze the forearm slightly should it move a little and spring back a tiny bit? Any help would be great.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Do you mean the barrel moves? Any free floated barrel will have some flex if squeezed against the forend.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #3

I dont think its the barrel cause i can push on the end of the forearm and can see the gap tighten so the barrel touches the stock and when i let go the forearm springs back. Its a very minor movement, but it is noticable.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Wood or synthetic stock?

Maybe I should learn how to effing read. What a douchetastic move that question was.

If it has a skinny forearm then you may see a little flex. Shouldn't see much though.

Last edited by cpttango30; 09-06-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:49 AM   #5

yes the forearm is pretty thin compared to others. The flex is hard to describe...it deffenetly does not move as much as you think when you feel it. (no more than 1/16 of an inch id say, but the clicking sound it makes is the most obvious) no basically what i am describing sounds normal to you guys?

Old 09-06-2010, 01:36 AM   #6

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

What you are describing sounds perfectly normal.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."