Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Rifle Discussion (
-   -   Some play in forearm? (

pwrstrkd 09-05-2010 09:28 PM

Some play in forearm?
I have a ruger hawkeye m77 in wood stock standard, which is factory free floated. Is it normal when you put some pressure on the forearm for it to move slightly. I tried adjusting the action screws but i think it has to do with forearm pressure. Basically, when i hold the rifle and squeeze the forearm slightly should it move a little and spring back a tiny bit? Any help would be great.

M14sRock 09-05-2010 11:21 PM

Do you mean the barrel moves? Any free floated barrel will have some flex if squeezed against the forend.

pwrstrkd 09-06-2010 12:05 AM

I dont think its the barrel cause i can push on the end of the forearm and can see the gap tighten so the barrel touches the stock and when i let go the forearm springs back. Its a very minor movement, but it is noticable.

cpttango30 09-06-2010 12:18 AM

Wood or synthetic stock?

Maybe I should learn how to effing read. What a douchetastic move that question was.

If it has a skinny forearm then you may see a little flex. Shouldn't see much though.

pwrstrkd 09-06-2010 12:49 AM

yes the forearm is pretty thin compared to others. The flex is hard to deffenetly does not move as much as you think when you feel it. (no more than 1/16 of an inch id say, but the clicking sound it makes is the most obvious) no basically what i am describing sounds normal to you guys?

M14sRock 09-06-2010 01:36 AM

What you are describing sounds perfectly normal.