Sold out! - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Sold out!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 03:54 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DRBogart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 67
Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11
This ammo crap has gotten completely out of control. My advice is not to shoot up what you have at this time and just take a break and sit back and just absorb like a sponge what's happening around you. Make sure you don't forget who took advantage of a bad situation, whether it be local, or a large nationwide company.

They do say that payback's a bitch. The weather in most places suck this time of year any way. If enough people do that you'd be amazed how soon the prices would come down. Panic buying is only playing into the hands of our current commie administration. Keep what you already have, cause you never know when you might need it. This is only one man's opinion.
It's a good opinion.
__________________
DRBogart is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:05 AM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 340
Liked 48 Times on 31 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBogart

It's a good opinion.
I agree, just sit back and wait. If everyone stops giving in then they'll soon "hopefully" start selling at a reasonable rate again.
__________________
hareebrownbeest is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #63
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,391
Liked 2401 Times on 1558 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11
This ammo crap has gotten completely out of control. My advice is not to shoot up what you have at this time and just take a break and sit back and just absorb like a sponge what's happening around you. Make sure you don't forget who took advantage of a bad situation, whether it be local, or a large nationwide company.

They do say that payback's a bitch. The weather in most places suck this time of year any way. If enough people do that you'd be amazed how soon the prices would come down. Panic buying is only playing into the hands of our current commie administration. Keep what you already have, cause you never know when you might need it. This is only one man's opinion.
Yeah, I'm gonna remember the guy at the gun show that:

-had a $50 price tag on a 500 something box of federal .22s

-marked up all his ammo about 50%

-marked up his ammo 10-20%, and said "sorry, I'm sold out, and I limited purchases to spread it out so everybody could get some"

Guess who is gonna get my business when things settle?
__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HM2Grunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 469
Liked 188 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareebrownbeest View Post
Every where I go, no matter what day it is or time nobody has ammo on the shelves! Turners, Big 5, Dicks, wiped out! I'm sure this is the case in most places or is it just here in CA? I managed to grab 5 boxes of 30.06 for $22 ea. but no .22 ammo anywhere!
Well, hopefully all the militia groups got theirs. Would hate to find out that Homeland Defense got it all, and their orders for more are getting first consideration I have to think that maybe this shortage is artificial. You would hope that the capitalist oriented-companies would recognize that there is a shortage, and by now, had kicked back into production to keep after that disposable income that we shooters have and are ready to spend on their products
__________________

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

HM2Grunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 517
Liked 221 Times on 141 Posts

Default

Got the new Hornady catalog in the mail.

Came in the house and sent them an email that said, "Unless you manage to get some bras and bullets available somewhere, I won't be buying anything."

Haven't gotten a response yet.

__________________
jigs-n-fixture is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #66
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 460
Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Default

I found some good ammo at decent prices in a small shop recently. Even 223 - bunch of 40, 38, 357, 380, 9mm...
But no 22lr.

__________________
Colby is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,121
Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2Grunt View Post
Well, hopefully all the militia groups got theirs. Would hate to find out that Homeland Defense got it all, and their orders for more are getting first consideration I have to think that maybe this shortage is artificial. You would hope that the capitalist oriented-companies would recognize that there is a shortage, and by now, had kicked back into production to keep after that disposable income that we shooters have and are ready to spend on their products

Supply and demand. Sorry, no conspiracy.
__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #68
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,036
Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default

Like I already said the price is only up where the sellers jacked it up. If walmart can still sell 100 round value packs for $35, then everyone else is sticking it up your ass

__________________

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

GeneralPatton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #69
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bigcountry02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 6,262
Liked 1827 Times on 1052 Posts
Likes Given: 3750

Default

I was talking with another gun owner at the New Mexico HB402, he was at Sportsman's Warehouse in the morning. He said that 1000 plus waiting to enter the store to purchase. When folks lines up it was, 5 abreast and down the main aisle and snaking out the front door! Never has he seen something like this before.

__________________
Bigcountry02 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #70
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bobbywy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareebrownbeest
Every where I go, no matter what day it is or time nobody has ammo on the shelves! Turners, Big 5, Dicks, wiped out! I'm sure this is the case in most places or is it just here in CA? I managed to grab 5 boxes of 30.06 for $22 ea. but no .22 ammo anywhere!
I call on Winchester in MS and Rrmington in AR for work. Both ammunition plants are running 24/7 and have been for years now trying to keep up with demand. Both plants had backlogs months long for orders BEFORE the Newtown incident. Now it is even worse. Remington is planning to double the capacity of current production (3 million rounds of centerfire, 6 million rounds if rimfire, and 4 million rounds of shot shells EVERYDAY). But the increased capacity is not likely to be available for years if at all. Freedom Group which owns Remington has to decide if they spend the money and invest to produce a product the government seems he'll bent in outlawing for law abiding citizens. Tough decision if you are about to spend tens of millions of dollars. Lets face it these guys aren't likely to get a bailout if their market crashes or gets taxed into oblivion. Winchester expanded their output dramatically 2 years ago and still can't keep up. There is no reserve capacity. When your government comes in and buys 2 years capacity and automatically moves to the front of the line the LGS, WalMart, BPS, Dick's and everyone else takes what they when they can get it.
__________________
bobbywy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Sold the car! Bigcountry02 The Club House 2 01-18-2012 11:52 AM
Here's one I just sold rp50817 Other Weapons 4 09-30-2011 02:41 AM
Can't Believe It's Not Sold! rp50817 Other Weapons 3 08-11-2011 12:04 AM
Im sold! StanDJ77 Glock Forum 2 10-03-2010 07:46 AM
Who sold you out opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 17 02-11-2009 06:12 PM