Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Small caliber range time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 02:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Small caliber range time.

I spend a lot of range time shooting a Marlin Mod.25 in .22lr, or my Savage .17 hmr to help prefect trigger pull and accuracy. Because they are cheep to shoot and a lot of fun. I sometimes find that with my .308 I will anticipate the firing of the weapon and that causes me to miss a lot more, so I go back to the .22 or .17 hmr until I get it down again.

If you find that you are not getting tight groups with your big dog, then use something like a .22lr to help with the areas that are effecting your shooting. I see a lot of people anticipating recoil when they shoot, and this causes them to miss a lot. I will tell them to go back to a smaller caliber to help fight the bad habits we get into when shooting

opaww

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here