Sighting in a Rifle/Scope - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Sighting in a Rifle/Scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 773 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 842

I helped a friend a few weeks back. He opted for Warne detachable rings. We zeroed the rifle to be on paper w/ irons on a rest w/ the rifle locked down, attached the scope and alligned it w/ the bull. 5 shots and he was good to go.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:07 PM   #12
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I can tell you how to sight in with using only 4 shots. 1st make SURE you have a stable, solid rest where the rifle won't move. Then shoot 1 round after boresighting. Adjust your reticle to the bullet hole exactly. move the reticle to the center of the bull and shoot to confirm it's zero. The bullet should be exactly in the middle of the bull. Move target to 100 yards and repeat the steps.
Amen Bear! I've been doing it this way for several years now. The only thing I do different is put the rifle in a gun vise and start out at 100 yds. with my first shot. Make adjustments and shoot two more to verify.

I mount scopes for quite a few folks (mostly the ones that think it's some kind of magic ), and I can tell you there are a few rifles that I wouldn't want to pull the trigger on any more than I absolutely had to.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
I can tell you how to sight in with using only 4 shots. 1st make SURE you have a stable, solid rest where the rifle won't move. Then shoot 1 round after boresighting. Adjust your reticle to the bullet hole exactly. move the reticle to the center of the bull and shoot to confirm it's zero. The bullet should be exactly in the middle of the bull. Move target to 100 yards and repeat the steps.
Thanks Bear! this is a good response and what I would reccomend also.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Zeroed in Four!!!

Quote:
You beat me to it Bear! Makes to much sense to work!!