Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Should i get an ak or sks (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/should-i-get-ak-sks-95662/)

ARlover 08-18-2013 05:43 PM

Should i get an ak or sks

1 Attachment(s)
I can't tell what I should get Aks are awesome but sks are Supposedly more accurate and cheaper up for Discussion

Attachment 114574

mountainman13 08-18-2013 05:47 PM

I prefer the sks but the easy answer is get both.
Did you buy your ar in NH?

readygirl 08-18-2013 06:14 PM

I have owned several of both..I sold my AKs when i got my SR556, will keep my current SKS. Its a great utility gun, more accurate, better trigger, no mag to get caught or bent up. Its great for hiking, just slingit across your back, or use it to push/chop heavy brush out of the way. toss it behind the truck seat,etc. Once you get used to the stripper clips, you might like that system..

Jagermeister 08-18-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readygirl (Post 1339330)
I have owned several of both..I sold my AKs when i got my SR556, will keep my current SKS. Its a great utility gun, more accurate, better trigger, no mag to get caught or bent up. Its great for hiking, just slingit across your back, or use it to push/chop heavy brush out of the way. toss it behind the truck seat,etc. Once you get used to the stripper clips, you might like that system..

Damn Readygirl, you are a bad ass.:eek:

readygirl 08-18-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister (Post 1339333)
Damn Readygirl, you are a bad ass.:eek:

LOL...Not really, Just just wanted to be with my older brothers all the time when i was a kid. Wanted to go where they were going, do what they were doing. So i ended up a little rough around the edges....:) But i clean up pretty good, and can be a girly-girl when i want to......

readygirl 08-18-2013 07:01 PM

I was the only girl to make the UC fishing team while i was there. And was the only one on the team to cull/limit out at every event my second season......:D:D:D:D. My Brothers taught me well....

ARlover 08-18-2013 10:29 PM

Nope Florida and thank you every1

SSGN_Doc 08-19-2013 04:03 AM

Depends on what you want. If you get an SKS are you going to pimp it out and put a pistol grip stock on it and high capacity mags, or optics and rails? IF so just go with an AK from the beginning. I wouldn't worry much about bending up a Eastern European steel AK mag (Google: AK 47 push-up). If you want to keep it simple and like teh more streamlined profile of the 10 round fixed mag, go SKS.

Both are rugged. Both are actually capable of good enough accuracy for most folks desires out of a short light 7.62x39 platform.

therewolf 08-19-2013 04:25 AM

The well is drying up for SKSs.

AKs are a pattern gun.

Get a good SKS for "less than an AK"

while you still can.

You will always be able to get AKs,

and they will always be cheap.

sputnik1988 08-19-2013 04:33 AM

Cheap? Not anymore, they are in about the same price range as ARs now:eek:

Anyway, I've said this before but, too many people try to make an SKS into something it's not.

If you want a tactical rifle go with the AK, if you plan on leaving it pretty much original the SKS is a good choice.

The added accuracy of the SKS isn't worth the extra weight in a tactical application in my opinion but makes a great traditional plinker.