Shot the Gunsite Scout
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Shot the Gunsite Scout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Shot the Gunsite Scout

Only put through about 10 rounds because of the wind and cold, but shoots nice and I hit what was aimed at.

image-3295425919.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm more jealous of your range than I am of your gun. I wish I has someplace like that. Is it yours or a public range? Oh yea, nice gun too.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #3

Phelps Township Range, Northern Vilas County WI, and yea it is nice....

Old 11-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #4

Liked 285 Times on 200 Posts

Nice. Picking my new Scout up this week. It will be my first rifle, and mainly used at the range. For now. Have you decided on a scope or done any research yet? From what I could find it sounds like Leupold and Burris both make scout scopes. But I am completely clueless so am looking for any ideas I can get.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #5

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacColt68 View Post
Nice. Picking my new Scout up this week. It will be my first rifle, and mainly used at the range. For now. Have you decided on a scope or done any research yet? From what I could find it sounds like Leupold and Burris both make scout scopes. But I am completely clueless so am looking for any ideas I can get.
You might want to check out red dots too. I've had mine a while now, still no optic on it. I may end up putting a normal scope on it for the extra magnification.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I have two more .308s on my wish list. One of these and an AR-10 of some description, maybe one of the new SR-762 rifles. I will be looking forward to more of your experiences with yours.

Shoot it in good health my friend.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrest225
You might want to check out red dots too. I've had mine a while now, still no optic on it. I may end up putting a normal scope on it for the extra magnification.
I need to read up on scopes and red dots. It sounds to me as if the red dots offer little or no magnification just a quick way to acquire the target, and perhaps aid somewhat in accuracy. While scopes will magnify and make pinpoint shooting at distance easier. I guess the question is first, what distances is the gun going to be used for mostly, and how quickly can a target be picked up with a scope. It also sounds like no matter how much I read or learn I am probably going to end buying a red dot, several scopes and probably 3 different kinds of sights! 😱

Old 11-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #8

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacColt68 View Post
I need to read up on scopes and red dots. It sounds to me as if the red dots offer little or no magnification just a quick way to acquire the target, and perhaps aid somewhat in accuracy. While scopes will magnify and make pinpoint shooting at distance easier. I guess the question is first, what distances is the gun going to be used for mostly, and how quickly can a target be picked up with a scope. It also sounds like no matter how much I read or learn I am probably going to end buying a red dot, several scopes and probably 3 different kinds of sights! 😱
Yeah, it's pretty hard to choose. For a while I was thinking about putting an aimpoint red dot on it, but now i'm thinking about stretching it out a bit with a 3-9x or 4-12x.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #9

Yeah, a red dot would probably work most of the time for what I will use it for, but it would be nice to have the optics on hand for longer shots if need be. I think the hunting camp my buddy belongs to has some areas where we can set some targets up at pretty good distances so a scope would be fun.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #10

Personally, I have been shying away from scopes as of late, expensive, they break, useless in snow, and in the bush I'm in in WI, not necessary.