Shooting Times Rifle Comparison Review - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Shooting Times Rifle Comparison Review

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model70 View Post
Look at you and that other guy who's name I forgot's post. Neither of you knew FN built weapons for the US Army. Winchester rifles have been owned by the Hestal Group since 1990, that's back when they were built by US Repeating Arms Company. Hestal owns Browning, who has the license on the Winchester name, and FN. Just like the Freedom Group owns Remington, Marlin, and Barnes Bullets.

And why wouldn't I trust gun writers over you people? I can look back at all their work and judge for myself instead of repeating what randomguyontheinternet57 says about it. Let's see, Craig Boddington on thirteenyearoldtroll43?
Jack O'Conner or gecko45? At least they verify their info instead of regurgitating it.
well as usuall you would be wrong again. i did know that FN builds weapons for the Army, the Navy and the Marine Corps. you simply made it sound as if they were the only one who did. i simply rebutted your statement. Remington which is an American gun maker builds the M700 action that is used in many military sniper rifles, the M40 and the M24 sniper rifles.

most of the gun magazine writers are given rifles by the manufacturers to review. do you think they are going to say anything bad about their advertisers, who spend large amounts of money putting ads into their magazines. if Ford paid me to drive one of their trucks and wanted me to review it, i would probably tell you about all the pros and downplay the cons! now if i wanted an honest review, i would tend to put more stock in someones opinion who had nothing to gain from it. most of the members here verify their opinions by shooting them! and they aren't paid to.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Axxe55, what's with you? This is the second person you've chased away from the this site.
It's as though if a person doesn't agree with you, then leave.
What do you think, just because you're a Supporting member you have the right to just chase away differing points of view?????
I can tell you from personal experience that we were glad to get a replacement for the wore out M-60, FN came through with the 240 and the SAW. Also the Belgians are among our closest allies.
Just because you paid a few bucks to join doesn't mean you can dictate who should leave.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #23

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I prefer the Model 700. The round action design allows for less material to make equal strength on the M 70 or Howa actions. You can get stocks, triggers, barrels, scope mounts in any caliber, size, shape and color you want. If it is good enough for the military to use it must be good cause the military are hard on equipment.

As for gun magazines I gave up on Shooting Times when the only good writer Rick Jamison had to quite because Winchester forced him out because they STOLE his cartridge designs. Hands down that man would write a fair and unbiased article on what ever he was reviewing. Most magazines are just big advertisements anyways. When was the last time you read a gun review that was trashing a gun? NEVER, you can't bite the hand that feeds you or else it will quit feeding you.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #24
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1444 Times on 760 Posts
Likes Given: 627

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75370
Axxe55, what's with you? This is the second person you've chased away from the this site.
It's as though if a person doesn't agree with you, then leave.
What do you think, just because you're a Supporting member you have the right to just chase away differing points of view?????...

Just because you paid a few bucks to join doesn't mean you can dictate who should leave.
75370, don't be too hard on Axxe55! Every member of a forum has to understand that every entry on a thread is one person's opinion, no more, no less, and be thick-skinned enough to not let it bother them. I don't want anyone to leave because of what I post here, but like every human on Earth, I also have strong beliefs! I hope that everyone reading my posts keeps this in consideration and reads every post with just a grain of salt!

Also, I can honestly tell you as another paid member, this forum gives us no extra "authority" to post or make decisions over other members. We simply support the forum out of appreciation for the owner managing it and a sense of duty to keep responsible forums flourishing. :-)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)
People Like This 
Old 07-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Mod70, maybe you need to find a better forum.
Well, in this case he put it into very clear writing.
I don't think the owner of this site would appreciate losing hits on his Forum due an over inflated ego of someone whom thinks that because he bought a Supporting Membership, can order people who visit and post.

Last edited by 75370; 07-29-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #26

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75370 View Post
Well, in this case he put it into very clear writing.
I don't think the owner of this site would appreciate losing hits on his Forum due an over inflated ego of someone whom thinks that because he bought a Supporting Membership, can order people who visit and post.
Isn't that why that CPTTango30 dude and a few other guys got banned about a year ago?

Old 07-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6667 Times on 3547 Posts
Likes Given: 502

if you have an issue with someone's posting report them. let the mods handle it. we cant do much if it goes unreported.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Closed Thread