Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Shooting Times Rifle Comparison Review

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 211 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 15

To bad they did not also test a tikka rifle and the savage with a internal mag. no mag from some tester to screw up. Be bad I guess for a cheap rifle or euro rifle to win. OH I allmost forgot winchester profits goes to a Belgian owned company.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
To bad they did not also test a tikka rifle and the savage with a internal mag. no mag from some tester to screw up. Be bad I guess for a cheap rifle or euro rifle to win. OH I allmost forgot winchester profits goes to a Belgian owned company.
If they're good enough to make firearms for the US military, they're good enough for this cowboy. 8)

Old 07-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19876 Times on 11289 Posts
Likes Given: 50111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model70 View Post
If they're good enough to make firearms for the US military, they're good enough for this cowboy. 8)
if i remember correctly Remington makes the M700 action that many different branches of service use for sniper rifles as do many different government agencies and the Army and Marine Corps both have used the M700 for their sniper rifle platform for over 40 years.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #14

Liked 211 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 15

model 70 Guess you mean back when winchester was really winchester not fnh or made by browning for fnh as a couple years ago. And the browning yet another fnh company was so middle pack in this test. They still cold have done a real 18 rifle test or atleast as many as could be acquired. But only one from each. When we pick or order a rifle we done take 3 to try. At least I don't. So many lower cost rifes shoot sooo well along with rifles from other companies not tested.

Just another rag mag gun review. Atleast thats my view of shooting times and many other gun rags in general.

Last edited by hardluk1; 07-28-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
model 70 Guess you mean back when winchester was really winchester not fnh or made by browning for fnh as a couple years ago. And the browning yet another fnh company was so middle pack in this test. They still cold have done a real 18 rifle test or atleast as many as could be acquired. But only one from each. When we pick or order a rifle we done take 3 to try. At least I don't. So many lower cost rifes shoot sooo well along with rifles from other companies not tested.

Just another rag mag gun review. Atleast thats my view of shooting times and many other gun rags in general.
"Built Right, Built in the USA
The All-American Model 70s are built by American craftsmen in Columbia, South Carolina, at the same state-of-the-art factory as the rifles and machine guns used by America’s Armed Forces to defend freedom around the world. They are made to the exact ISO 9001 standard of quality that Uncle Sam insists upon for military firearms."

Taken right from the website.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/category.asp?family=001C

hardluk1, axxe55, you'd do better to read those "gun rags," as you so eloquently put it, than the bogus info running so rampant here. You should read the whole article before flying off the handle. You're making yourselves look silly.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:09 AM   #16

Quote:
"Built Right, Built in the USA
The All-American Model 70s are built by American craftsmen in Columbia, South Carolina, at the same state-of-the-art factory as the rifles and machine guns used by America’s Armed Forces to defend freedom around the world. They are made to the exact ISO 9001 standard of quality that Uncle Sam insists upon for military firearms."

Taken right from the website.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/category.asp?family=001C

hardluk1, axxe55, you'd do better to read those "gun rags," as you so eloquently put it, than the bogus info running so rampant here. You should read the whole article before flying off the handle. You're making yourselves look silly.
Mod70, we have had this debate before on differences on bolt action rifles. nothing wrong with the Winchester M70 rifle and i have one, i also have several Remington M700's and several Marlin X7's and an older Ruger M77. all of them shoot very accurately and all of them function perfectly. but i don't tend to put much stock in gun magazine articles reviews, as most of them are pretty well biased by their advertisers.

and what "bogus" information are you refering to? so far i haven't seen a lot of bogus information on this forum. and if you feel that this forum is so rife with bogus information, maybe you need to find a better forum.

and it seems you have more than once made yourself look silly with some of your own comments in the past.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

What I'm suggesting is you read the whole article rather than pick apart my very abbreviated account of it.

I was hoping someone else on here had read it and wanted to discuss it further. Unfortunately, it's just picked apart by everyone who's favorite didn't win and has hurt feelers.

Last edited by Model70; 07-29-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

and what "bogus" information are you refering to? so far i haven't seen a lot of bogus information on this forum. and if you feel that this forum is so rife with bogus information, maybe you need to find a better forum.
Look at you and that other guy who's name I forgot's post. Neither of you knew FN built weapons for the US Army. Winchester rifles have been owned by the Hestal Group since 1990, that's back when they were built by US Repeating Arms Company. Hestal owns Browning, who has the license on the Winchester name, and FN. Just like the Freedom Group owns Remington, Marlin, and Barnes Bullets.

And why wouldn't I trust gun writers over you people? I can look back at all their work and judge for myself instead of repeating what randomguyontheinternet57 says about it. Let's see, Craig Boddington on thirteenyearoldtroll43?
Jack O'Conner or gecko45? At least they verify their info instead of regurgitating it.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
maybe you need to find a better forum.
I think I will. Adios.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #20

Quote:
What I'm suggesting is you read the whole article rather than pick apart my very abbreviated account of it.

I was hoping someone else on here had read it and wanted to discuss it further. Unfortunately, it's just picked apart by everyone who's favorite didn't win and has hurt feelers.
can't access it online, must be in the print version. maybe you should have listed a link the article. i wasn't picking apart your account, just stating my opinion.

don't worry my feelings aren't hurt. i have no particular favorites in bolt action rifles. i just find most test reviews to be subjective or biased by the writer of the article. every person and every rifle is different. so what pleases one person may not be pleasing to another person. sounds to me, more like your feelings got hurt.

Closed Thread