Shooting a man-size target with a AK 47 and missing it at 200m(220 yards) - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Shooting a man-size target with a AK 47 and missing it at 200m(220 yards)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 13

OK.let me say a couple of things as a forme AKM-derivative operator/soldier(M70 AB2):
1)Any military AK is fire-selective.Not full auto only.If you're not familiar with the platform, switch your AK47' safety lever yo the second position and see what happens(usually the first is full auto, the second one is semy auto...if you don't have a burst mode)
2)Iron sights are part of the BASIC training.If you are notte able to use them, you should never handle a rifle.
3)In my modest opinion, a good and REAL shooter should know how to use ANY kind of optics + iron sights.Optics are a "+", not the default option.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3234 Times on 2234 Posts
Likes Given: 1598

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCalig View Post
OK.let me say a couple of things as a forme AKM-derivative operator/soldier(M70 AB2):
1)Any military AK is fire-selective.Not full auto only.If you're not familiar with the platform, switch your AK47' safety lever yo the second position and see what happens(usually the first is full auto, the second one is semy auto...if you don't have a burst mode)
2)Iron sights are part of the BASIC training.If you are notte able to use them, you should never handle a rifle.
3)In my modest opinion, a good and REAL shooter should know how to use ANY kind of optics + iron sights.Optics are a "+", not the default option.
Were you a "Mark Van Goth" in the previous forum life? Sounds a lot like him.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #33

Liked 482 Times on 281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Haha it sure does.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:32 PM   #34

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
The answer to your question is no, but I know him personally(It was him to tell me about firearmstalk).We're similar,but not identical.His problem is that he is to much connected to the past....I do respect him for what he did for our country, but he should go forwatd

Old 05-06-2014, 06:05 PM   #35

Don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to see that last post is Mark Van Goth trolling us.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #36

Quote:
The answer to your question is no, but I know him personally(It was him to tell me about firearmstalk).We're similar,but not identical.His problem is that he is to much connected to the past....I do respect him for what he did for our country, but he should go forwatd
Riiiigggghhhhtttttt..........sounds legit.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3234 Times on 2234 Posts
Likes Given: 1598

Anyway, I don't think anyone said that the AK was full auto only. It was full auto primarily, with single shots to save the ammo, not for precision fire. In contrast, Stoner's AR was both, and still is. I don't think shooting a typical AK is the best yardstick to measure someone's marksmanship.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #38

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
Riiiigggghhhhtttttt..........sounds legit.
He left the army, the war...but he is still "too much in it".Actually, I'm thankful to him for making me an AK expert(actually, I'm a weapon designer that works on custom builds and I love my job), but he should "turn the page"he should take care about his life in the USA(Why should he move to America if he has no intention to change his life style?!)

Old 05-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #39

Quote:
He left the army, the war...but he is still "too much in it".Actually, I'm thankful to him for making me an AK expert(actually, I'm a weapon designer that works on custom builds and I love my job), but he should "turn the page"he should take care about his life in the USA(Why should he move to America if he has no intention to change his life style?!)
Are we talking about ak's or analyzing Marks lifestyle changes? Just because I'm curious and id like to see some of your designs, do you have a link to your company or pics of some work that you've done? Proof is in the pudding.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #40

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
Are we talking about ak's or analyzing Marks lifestyle changes? Just because I'm curious and id like to see some of your designs, do you have a link to your company or pics of some work that you've done? Proof is in the pudding.
You're right...let's stick to the (new topic).
"Proof is in the pudding".What would like to see(2D or 3D outputs)?
NOTE(To avoid any kind of misunderstandings):I'm a kind of "freelancer".Now I have another job and work on rifles only when a licensed gunsmith needs an opinion(Actually we're talking about blueprints) regarding a project(gun project).I will tell you more...but on PM.