Seriously! I Was Shopping For A Utility Vest!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Seriously! I Was Shopping For A Utility Vest!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Seriously! I Was Shopping For A Utility Vest!

Honest to gawd now . . . My Columbia Sportswear vest that I use to carry all my "stuff" is getting on. The collar is all frayed, pockets are developing holes, and one of the zippers is broken, sewn shut.

Two "big box" outdoor stores just on the other side of the I-5, Columbia River Bridge, on Hayden Island, I figured before heading to my VA appt. in Portland, I'd shop a bit and see if I can find a replacement.

Joe's . . . formerly "GI Joes" . . . sells Columbia brand. No vest. They have rifles but no handguns. Also, their rifles are all for "sporting purposes" -- whatever that means.

Right next door, next building north, is Fisherman's Supply. I'm thinking maybe a decent steelheader vest, something the sturgeon anglers use . . .

Fisherman's Supply sells handguns. I always check to see what they have. The clerks are inclined to visit. It's a decent place to hang out for a bit, before my appt.

"Jeez! Really, I'm not shopping for a firearm! I'm looking for a vest!"

It followed me home -- before they decide to make them illegal . . .

Sig Sauer "SIG556 Classic Swat" -- I ordered the STS 081 Mini Red Dot, and two more mags from Sig, online.

Never did find a vest . . .

Last edited by SlamFire; 03-14-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2009, 11:48 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sweet!.....................................

Old 03-15-2009, 12:06 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

them sure r purdy!!!! i just with i had the cash flow to get me one

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 03-15-2009, 02:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
them sure r purdy!!!! i just with i had the cash flow to get me one
On the one hand, Obama should be happy that I'm spending $$$ and stimulating the economy . . .

On the other hand, Obama should be . . .

Old 03-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Very nice weapon,I think guns ammo business is the only business going in high gear right now,other than government and health care. I have had quite a few follow me home like puppies too,good thing the wife cannot tell one from another or I would stay in trouble.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinginn View Post
Very nice weapon,I think guns ammo business is the only business going in high gear right now,other than government and health care. I have had quite a few follow me home like puppies too,good thing the wife cannot tell one from another or I would stay in trouble.
You grab a hard case, like a Doskocil, "Hon, I'm gonna take the rifle into the shop to have it bore-sighted. Fred told me they'd do it for me at no charge."

That way she can't even argue about the cost of having the work done, and . . . She gets you out of the house for the afternoon.

Later, you walk back into the house with the new hardware in the hard case and she's only concerned that you're home, and so now she can't watch "Dancing With The Stars."

She can't tell one from the other, the new from the old. Besides which, how many pairs of shoes does she own?

-- No, since you bring it up, I'm not married.