Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Scored today, got a rifle i have been wantin!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/scored-today-got-rifle-i-have-been-wantin-20504/)

bigbad-ratman 11-28-2009 01:10 AM

Scored today, got a rifle i have been wantin!!!

I have been quite on here for a while but had to share my score today. I have been wanting a M-1A for awhile, shot the M-14 to qual awhile back and fell in love.
So today took the wife to the range/gun store and sure enough they were having a black gun sale. Looking and looking, I see an M-1A Scout model on there shelf. I take a look, talk to the wife she says i have been good and should go ahead if it is one that I have been wanting...I didnt argue. She starts looking and says hey i like that, pointing to a Springfield XD 9mm, Sub-Compact. Short of it, we ended up buying both. Both of them shoot smooth a feel nice. Then my 14 daughter shot the XD, fell in love. Didn't stay at the range long, but we were all happy with what we got and what we shot. So after today, i can arm everyone in my house with at least one weapon. Good stuff.

Lowrider 11-28-2009 01:55 AM

I would like to see some pictures of your purchases

bigbad-ratman 11-28-2009 02:07 AM

that will take a little work but i can oblige you. right now, the wife and kids are cleaning them. i'll get them back together and get a few pics!!!

spittinfire 11-28-2009 12:45 PM

GREAT scores my friend! I'd like to see some pictures as well. How did you get your wife to clean your guns? I'm always the one who ends up cleaning.

CA357 11-28-2009 06:18 PM

Congratulations! You're going to love that Scout. :D

bigbad-ratman 12-01-2009 02:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
ok, took alittle bit, but got a couple of pics. my 14 is holding the XD, it is almost perfect in her hand. she fell in love shooting it...guess she is gonna need one of her own!!! i could only get my wife to pose for one pic with the M1A. i really love that gun. i just love in this day and age of lighter, leaner, smaller, "tactical" rifles, i found i nice solid heavy duty feeling rifle that is still somewhat smaller, (if you havent shot a M1A or an M14 they about as long as your average telephone pole). i think that for us they were great pick ups. but now i have to wait until next payday before i can afford more ammo for them!!!

bigbad-ratman 12-01-2009 02:32 AM

Also, forgot: I HAVE to give a shout-out to the guys at Shooters of America in Brunswick. Despite the fact that it was busy as heck, (and the fact that we couldnt make up our minds) the guy who helped us pick out our weapons, always came back and answered our questions and helped any way he could over almost an hour shopping. Later after we were done shooting i remembered i needed i sling for my Sig556. ended being helped by guy who was actually off the clock (and trying to leave with his sig other who was wainting). he then went on to show me his setup, help me install my sling adapter, and gave me a few pointers before leaving. the poor guy who was manning the range counter was swamped, but still friendly and helpful, and still professional making sure that my wife had shot before and could handle her own lane with one of our daughters. so, yeah scored on the rifles, but the staff pushed the experience over the top!!!

CA357 12-01-2009 03:52 AM

It's always nice to hear about excellent service. A tip of the hat to those guys. :cool:

Silvertip 44 12-01-2009 04:14 AM

One M1A will just expand into two or three. Now you need a fully accurized match grade M1A. I love my three.

M14sRock 12-01-2009 04:58 AM

There is just NOTHING bad in this thread!!

Two new guns!
A new M14! (Brings a tear to my eye. Sniff.)
A wife and daughter who like to clean them!
A gun store with excellent, courteous service!

You are a lucky man!! Thanks for posting.