You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default scope's

i just put a new scope on my 30-06 i was wondering do i have to torque the bolts scope mounts or i just tight them as much as i can?

Join Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join Today! - Click Here

Old 08-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

martin63092 - You'll get a response here but try to make it over to the Introduction forum and tell us a little about yourself and your interest in the shooting sports.

Who's mounts did you buy?
Old 08-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

STOP DO NOT wrench down the rings till you can't tighten them anymore. That is a sure way to add that new scope to the junk pile.

If you do not have a torque wrench then get your screwdriver and hold it by your thumb and index finger only now go back and forth and tighten down each side the same amount till you can no longer turn the screwdriver with just the two fingers. That is plenty tight for a 30-06.

I forget the exact torque setting for rings but I am sure I can find it and a short video on how to do this.

If you really want to do it right get yourself one of these Wheeler Engineering FAT wrenches from