Scope rings and base question

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Scope rings and base question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 01:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Scope rings and base question

Howdy,
Gun: Ruger M77 Mark II stainless
Question: I wish to know if these rings, -> IOR Valdada Heavy Duty Tactical 35mm Rings, will fit on this mount -> Burris Ruger to Weaver base adapter M77 Super Redhawk?

The downward "dog ear" tabs on the base adapter could possibly prevent the rings from mounting. That is the case for the stock 35 mm rings that come with the scope. (Millett LRS-1)

Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwills View Post
Howdy,
Gun: Ruger M77 Mark II stainless
Question: I wish to know if these rings, -> IOR Valdada Heavy Duty Tactical 35mm Rings, will fit on this mount -> Burris Ruger to Weaver base adapter M77 Super Redhawk?

The downward "dog ear" tabs on the base adapter could possibly prevent the rings from mounting. That is the case for the stock 35 mm rings that come with the scope. (Millett LRS-1)

Thanks!
Warne makes a Picatinny adaptor thar the IOR rings will interface with. Weaver and Picatinny are not the same, and do not often interchange well.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 06-08-2011, 01:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Warne makes a Picatinny adaptor thar the IOR rings will interface with. Weaver and Picatinny are not the same, and do not often interchange well.
Thanks. Will the Warne fit this Ruger?

UPDATE: Wayne has no mounts for this gun and no 35 mm rings. Thanks anyway! I just thought my initial question might work.

Last edited by bobwills; 06-08-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:55 AM   #4

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwills View Post
Thanks. Will the Warne fit this Ruger?

UPDATE: Wayne has no mounts for this gun and no 35 mm rings. Thanks anyway! I just thought my initial question might work.
Hmm... Call Warne and ask them if they have a rail for the M77. Also, XS Sight systems has a full length Pic rail for the new Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle, so see if they have one for a standard M77.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."