Savage trigger guard issue with Choate tactical stock

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Savage trigger guard issue with Choate tactical stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Savage trigger guard issue with Choate tactical stock

So guys here's the story....Really need some input and help with this one. I'm in the process of modifying a savage rifle. Stock, trigger, barrel, etc. I ordered a Choate tactical stock and received it with a plastic trigger guard. Didn't care much for plastic so I ordered a steel one from Midway. Upon receiving the new guard, I noticed it was the "old" style trigger guard. Much different from the "new" style guard that came with the Choate stock. So my question is where can I find the new style trigger guard in steel or aluminum? Ive called Choate and was told they get them from Savage. Called Savage today and the lady I spoke to in parts was not much help and clueless to say the least. Help me out fellow ftf! Below is the picture of the 2 different styles I'm discussing

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -unknown-

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #2

Liked 374 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 48

forumrunner_20131126_200732.jpg

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

Old 11-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1180 Times on 679 Posts
Likes Given: 571

Check on Midway USA,and Brownells. You can also try Northland Shooters Supply,Jim Briggs may carry them.

Gun Shack has them in stock!

http://www.gunshack.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25&product_id=74

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 11-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1866 Times on 1011 Posts
Likes Given: 570

Usually the woman in the Savage parts department is pretty knowledgeable and helpful. Maybe new help.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 11-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks tx. But I should have clarified on the picture more. The two guards on the right are parts that everyone carrys. The trigger guard on the left is what came with the Choate stock. The left pic is the style I'm looking for but in steel or aluminum. Left pic is supposebly from what I read the "new" style that Savage changed to in 2009...

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -unknown-

Old 11-27-2013, 11:47 PM   #6

Liked 374 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Where do you find this new style trigger guard in metal?

trigger-guards.jpg

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

Old 12-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Dang. Nobody has anything?