Savage rifles - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

Savage rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 45 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I think most of us buy Savage rifles because they are affordable and built good. They simply work very well. They are solidly built and very reliable. We like to think we get a lot of bang for the buck with our Savage rifles. This is my Savage in .308. More than just a few times at the range I have outshot someone who was using a rifle that cost a lot more than mine. I don't even use a real expensive scope but I get the results I am after and it is fun doing it.
guns-003.jpg  

Old 06-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #22

Liked 1153 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
I've had a stainless steel Savage 116 in 7mm Rem. Mag. for years that is without a doubt the MOST accurate rifle I have and I have a bunch. It came with a inexpensive factory scope setup, but it works great. It was around $350 as I recall.

My feeling is that the OP is just all butthurt because he spent 3 or 4 times the money for a Remington. It's the same type of snobbery we get in the AR Forum from the Colt, BCM & Daniel Defense guys who look down their noses disgusted by all other "lesser" brands.

Here's a picture of my Savage rifle for the OP to enjoy:
$350 man u stole that . Lol . ur right about the AR forum and I see it more and more every day .

Old 06-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
I've had a stainless steel Savage 116 in 7mm Rem. Mag. for years that is without a doubt the MOST accurate rifle I have and I have a bunch. It came with a inexpensive factory scope setup, but it works great. It was around $350 as I recall.

My feeling is that the OP is just all butthurt because he spent 3 or 4 times the money for a Remington. It's the same type of snobbery we get in the AR Forum from the Colt, BCM & Daniel Defense guys who look down their noses disgusted by all other "lesser" brands.

Here's a picture of my Savage rifle for the OP to enjoy:
That looks like a fine rifle snakedriver. Yep, the Savages will shoot.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #24

Liked 331 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Not many production rifles ,or customs can shoot like this for 2 or 3 times the cost of a $900 rifle. Read this-
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/05/tyler-kee/gun-review-savage-model-12-lrp-in-243-win/

Old 06-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
$350 man u stole that . Lol . ur right about the AR forum and I see it more and more every day .
To be fair, the $350 rifle was with the factory black Tupperware stock. It still shot with the same great accuracy, but I like the laminated wood thumbhole so much better. The new wood stock from Stocky Stocks was an additional $130, the Harris Bipod was $75 and the extended tactical bolt handle was $50. Other than the pretty accesssories the gunworks on the gun are all completely factory original.

The pre-accutrigger on my rifle breaks crisply at 3 lbs. with no slack at all before or after the break.

Last edited by Snakedriver; 06-03-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #26

I don't like them because I tend to be a little too particular shall we say on the actions of my rifles. Also most savages I have handled I wasn't a big fan of the stock on them. You have the right to your opinion and I will respect it no matter what. The day I posted this I was a bit annoyed by everyone about people trying to force me into a .308 when I'm a 30-06 guy and a savage when I'm more of a weatherby guy. My range ninja comment was uncalled for and I apologize but I personally wouldn't go on a hunt with a savage. For what ever reason I don't feel like they would be the greatest gun in the field.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Not my favorite but I have a buddy who's got one so I don't really ever talk them down.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael345 View Post
I don't like them because I tend to be a little too particular shall we say on the actions of my rifles. Also most savages I have handled I wasn't a big fan of the stock on them. You have the right to your opinion and I will respect it no matter what. The day I posted this I was a bit annoyed by everyone about people trying to force me into a .308 when I'm a 30-06 guy and a savage when I'm more of a weatherby guy. My range ninja comment was uncalled for and I apologize but I personally wouldn't go on a hunt with a savage. For what ever reason I don't feel like they would be the greatest gun in the field.
then go buy a Weatherby in 30-06 and be done with it. the remarks about the Savages was kind of lame. i am not a big fan of the Savages, but for me it comes down to ergonomics and how the stock fits me. i have shot a few over the years and still own one Savage rifle, and they tend to be very accurate rifles and i wouldn't badmouth one for anything, because they can and will shoot with just about any brand of rifle and hold their own doing it. if dead set on getting a rifle in 30-06 and you don't want a 308, then get the 30-06. i have both and like both of them for different reasons, but i also have many different rifles in many different calibers to choose from. don't let your friends sway your choice into somethig you won't be happy with. if you are set on a Weatherby in 30-06, then a Savage in 308 will not be a good choice for you. it's your rifle, you are the one who has to be hapy with the choice you make, not your friend.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #29

It is your money so it should be your gun. You should have just bought a Weatherby in 30-06 if that was the rifle you wanted. I like Savage rifles but you don't have to let other people make the decision for you. Get what you want.