Savage, But which one?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Savage, But which one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Savage, But which one?

I was planning on buying Savage's Weather Warrior in 243 cal. untill I read some bad reviews on the stock as in" injection moulded and flexing". Now I am thinking about the American Classic with the walnut stock , nice gun! Maybe if I got the Weather Warrior I could get a decent syn. stock to replace the factory one? If anyone has an opinion I'm open to suggestions.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeramiah View Post
I was planning on buying Savage's Weather Warrior in 243 cal. untill I read some bad reviews on the stock as in" injection moulded and flexing". Now I am thinking about the American Classic with the walnut stock , nice gun! Maybe if I got the Weather Warrior I could get a decent syn. stock to replace the factory one? If anyone has an opinion I'm open to suggestions.
Buy the cheapest (I believe that's the 16FSS) Weather Warrior model in 243 Win, take the stock off and throw it away and replace it with a stock from Bell & Carlson (Carbelite model) or one of Brownells Savage stocks (4 different styles and my stock preference for this action - 7075-T6 pillars and chassis), and both replacement stocks aren't real pricey (about $200.00).

That will give you a much stiffer stock than the Ramline stock it comes in, and shoot very well for you.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:54 AM   #3

Hey i just bought and received a savage 12fv in 308 win its a great rifle besides it being almost 9 pounds but i like it a lot

Old 04-11-2008, 01:43 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I don`t know what you`re going to do with your gun. If it`s for hunting you may be happy with the cheap stock. I have a nephue that bought a 700 with one of those flimisy stocks in .243 that put 7 round into a .590 group at 100 yrds. That was with 5 rounds of 70 gn. loads and 2 rounds of 100 gn. bullets. I`ve never seen a gun shoot a group like that with mixed loads. If it`s for target I would still get the cheap stock and then re stock it.

Catfish
Ohio