Savage axis or ruger great american?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Savage axis or ruger great american?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Default Savage axis or ruger great american?

I'm looking to get a .243 bolt action. I've heard good things about both these rifles as far as bang for your buck goes. Any thoughts??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2013, 01:32 AM   #2

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

In that same price bracket is the marlin x7 in 243. I like the other two, but I prefer the marlins for its adjustable trigger, blind magazine, micro groove rifling, and good CS.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #3

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by badasstruck View Post
I'm looking to get a .243 bolt action. I've heard good things about both these rifles as far as bang for your buck goes. Any thoughts??
I second the marlin, the trigger is great an the stock is so much better than the savage axis, the axis stock is one of the most tupperware looking an feeling stocks I have ever seen. The axis is a tack driver but has no aftermarket for stocks an the trigger is horrible, plus the stock is just so cheap an weak.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #4

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Agree with both prior posts. Own both Marlin x rifles and an Axis. Between these two, buy the Marlin. You might want to think about the Ruger American as a possible choice.