savage acutrigger
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > savage acutrigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
Lou
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default savage acutrigger

I have a savage .223 and .22 shorty both have acutriggers,when the rifle is in a cocked position and the acutrigger is moved to the side,the rifles are
unabled to be fired,is this normal?
Regards Lou

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Hey Lou, New Zealand wow, welcome to the forum, could you swing by Introductions section of the forum and make an Intro and let the guys welcome ya here to the forum. Thanks.

The AccuRelease of the Acctrigger is designed to block the sear. Initial trigger pressure by the shooter clears the block and lets the sear function normally. But if the sear is accidentally jarred out of engagement with the trigger, the AccuRelease blocks its movement and prevents the rifle from firing.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #3

Liked 56 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I recently bought a Savage 22.250 with accutrigger. The gun was previously owned. Presumably the previous owner tried to adjust the trigger improperly which rendered the safety inopperable, The gun fired on safe. Being under waranty and not wanting to viod it by fixing it myself, I took it back to Gander Mtn. and the g'smith told me I adjusted it wrong which voided the gaurantee. I told him that his pre sale safety inspection of the gun failed to find this malfunction. He apologized and assured me he made the necessary adjustments and the trigger is functioning properly. He charged G Mtn $60 for waranty work and sent me on my way satisfied. NO CHARGE

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Last edited by dteed4094; 02-26-2010 at 05:56 PM.