savage accu-trigger question. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion >

savage accu-trigger question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 03:43 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6787 Times on 3608 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Got two accutriggers got a timney on my precision ar15. I wish i could stuff an accutrigger in place of the timney...
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 05-09-2013, 03:56 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly

Please explain the "Bad Stock". .
Weak and flimsy(not accustock), made more sense to sell and buy a new gun than to change caliber, barrel contour, and stock. After trade in, spent $200 on a savage 10 fcpk(MRSP $950 or something like that, give or take $100). The old one was a hunting combo.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:00 AM   #13

Liked 227 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Savage Tupperware stocks are kinna flimsy but truth be told mine all shoot great despite the stock being a little flexy, my 30-06 holds 1/2" easy with RL19 and 150gr Accutips and my 270 WSM shoots one ragged hole with IMR4350 and 130gr SGKs, if the stock had any negative effect on accuracy I have sure not seen it yet.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I personally have never understood why they are so popular. They aren't bad by any means, but not great either (IMHO). That being said, try it out and see if you like it. I was close to getting a savage a while ago, but after handling it and dry firing it, it just "didn't feel right" to me. Like was mentioned above, the tikka has a great trigger as well. Good luck.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I couldn't shoot **** with me old one, 6+ MOA groups. But I was easily able to get sub-MOA with my AR. Either the gun or the scope, to ticked to take the time and money to find out with one. So I started with a new slate. Don't regret any of it.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:12 AM   #16

Liked 227 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchoitz View Post
I couldn't shoot **** with me old one, 6+ MOA groups. But I was easily able to get sub-MOA with my AR. Either the gun or the scope, to ticked to take the time and money to find out with one. So I started with a new slate. Don't regret any of it.
Were you using a package scope? I had that problem twice, both times I ripped that POS Bushnell off and replaced with a Nikon or Leopold and I was back in buisness. Savages are bullet picky or at leased all six of mine have been, they might not shoot what you were hoping but they will deliver the goods with at leased a few popular bullets. All of mine have loved Sierra Game Kings.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:13 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 361 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've got one on my 17HMR and I love the thing. It breaks so cleanly and theres no creep to it at all, I also don't notice any type of over travel either. If I could, I'd have one put on my .243, but its made by a totally different company.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex-Predator
Were you using a package scope? I had that problem twice, both times I ripped that POS Bushnell off and replaced with a Nikon or Leopold and I was back in buisness. Savages are bullet picky or at leased all six of mine have been, they might not shoot what you were hoping but they will deliver the goods with at leased a few popular bullets. All of mine have loved Sierra Game Kings.
I shot Winchester, both cheap and expensive, hornady, federal, and many other brands. But like I said, my old one just did not have what I wanted . And yes I was using the package scope. I know I could have replaced it and gotten better groups but I replaced it with an amazing savage so I'm happy.