savage accu-trigger question.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > savage accu-trigger question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Default savage accu-trigger question.

Thinking of getting a trophy hunter xp but no nothing about how great the accutrigger is. Can anyone tell me if they like theres or not.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

If you're getting a Savage rifle you will like it a lot more with the accutrigger. The ones without often have a gritty trigger.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 05-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #3

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
If you're getting a Savage rifle you will like it a lot more with the accutrigger. The ones without often have a gritty trigger.
This ^^^^^^^ spend the extra for the accu trigger #1 its more than a bargain , #2 any aftermarket trigger is going to cost you alot more without much more benefit

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 05-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #4

Liked 189 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 96

The Accutrigger is really good, not the absolute best, but easily the best you can get on a $300-$500 rifle. In my gun safe only the Tikka's trigger breaks cleaner, and that is a real close call. After owning four Accutriggers I would not consider a Savage without one.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Sold my savage(with the accutrigger) because it had a bad stock and I wanted a long range solid setup. Took my RRA AR out and realized that I had been spoiled with the accutrigger! Spent $900+ on my dream savage gun, with the accutrigger of course. And decided once you go accutrigger you can't go back! at least to other stock triggers that is. And now I need to find a good trigger for my AR because I've been spoiled. Moral of the story is GET THE ACCUTRIGGER!!!

Old 05-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #6
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchoitz View Post
Sold my savage(with the accutrigger) because it had a bad stock and I wanted a long range solid setup. Took my RRA AR out and realized that I had been spoiled with the accutrigger! Spent $900+ on my dream savage gun, with the accutrigger of course. And decided once you go accutrigger you can't go back! at least to other stock triggers that is. And now I need to find a good trigger for my AR because I've been spoiled. Moral of the story is GET THE ACCUTRIGGER!!!
Please explain the "Bad Stock". Depending on the model you had,most people know that the Composite factory stocks from Savage are boat paddles at best.
The Accu-stock is a huge improvement,but I prefer to put a good aftermarket stock on all of my Savage's.
There's a huge selection of good stocks made for Savage rifles,Wood-Laminate-Composite-or Chassis designs. Prices range from $100 to over $1k depending on what you want.
I wouldn't sell a rifle just because the stock was faulty,I'd either fix it or replace it with a better one.

The Accu-trigger is a good trigger,but they do take some getting used to. It is way better than the non Accu-trigger models,but there are several aftermarket triggers available if you choose to go that route.
If you don't operate the Accu-trigger correctly ( You have to pull it straight back). If you don't,the gun will not fire,and you will need to reset the trigger by lifting the bolt up,and then push it back down.

I like the Accu-trigger,but also have a couple with the SSS Competition trigger. The SSS trigger shouldn't be used on a hunting rifle,unless you are used to using one. They are a very light trigger- 8oz to 2lb,depending on how you set them up.
Rifle Basix,Timney make decent triggers for a Savage also.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:35 AM   #7

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 106

I have what mossberg calls the LBA trigger on my ATR. I don't know how it compares to the accutrigger, but it's the same concept and I really like the way it breaks when I pull the trigger. I say go for it.

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 05-09-2013, 01:56 AM   #8

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

A Savage without a Accutrigger is good gun, a Savage with a Accutrigger is a GREAT gun.

Just my opinion, have three of them.
Jim

Old 05-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #9

Liked 189 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 96

I have several rifles, and have handloded each of them to perfection, some of them are higher end guns but both my brother and sister in law prefer my Savage 30-06 to any of the others, it is truly a remarkable value. The stock is ergonomic even if is cheap plastic, the trigger is as good as any, the recoil pad is really good and tames 30-06 down to near sissy kicker levels, and the action is as tough/reliable as they come. What is not to like?

Old 05-09-2013, 03:40 AM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

I ordered a .270 cal for my wife, she better like it.