Savage Accu-trigger adjustment tool?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Savage Accu-trigger adjustment tool?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Savage Accu-trigger adjustment tool?

Of course, I lost mine.

Does anyone know if you can make the adjustment with anything other than their trigger adjustment tool?

I hate it when they do these proprietary tool things......like Remington and Savage.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Hey Lon,All you need is one of those little eyeglass screwdrivers.You can get them at any pharmacy,hardware store,or wallyworld.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #3

Got it, thanks man.

I have the trigger set as light as it will go. It's better, but not great. Is there more that can be done to make the trigger better?

Old 05-16-2011, 04:31 AM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Got it, thanks man.

I have the trigger set as light as it will go. It's better, but not great. Is there more that can be done to make the trigger better?
I don't know! Which rifle are you messing with?
Make sure that you bump the stock on the floor to see if the gun won't go off.I have seen several that when set at the lightest setting are an accident ready to happen.
Did you find that little tool? I have several of them,and will give you one if you need it.

I've been loading shells all day,and trying to get all the copper out of my 25/06.It doesn't like shooting those light weight varmint bullets,but I'll make it work somehow.I'm planning on shooting some tomorrow,but I still have to load up some more 25/06 loads.I almost have all the 223 loads done.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
I don't know! Which rifle are you messing with?
Make sure that you bump the stock on the floor to see if the gun won't go off.I have seen several that when set at the lightest setting are an accident ready to happen.
Did you find that little tool? I have several of them,and will give you one if you need it.

I've been loading shells all day,and trying to get all the copper out of my 25/06.It doesn't like shooting those light weight varmint bullets,but I'll make it work somehow.I'm planning on shooting some tomorrow,but I still have to load up some more 25/06 loads.I almost have all the 223 loads done.
The Model 25 .223. Yeah, I found the little tool but haven't tried the bump test yet. That's pretty disturbing.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
The Model 25 .223. Yeah, I found the little tool but haven't tried the bump test yet. That's pretty disturbing.
It's not just a Savage problem,just about any rifle with an adjustable trigger can be that way.
What do you feel -needs to be better? When I first got an Accutrigger gun,I didn't like it.It felt weird,but then I got used to the (first stage) of it and now I wish I had that trigger on every rifle I own.
If it feels a little gritty,maybe try taking the action out of the stock and clean the trigger assembly with some spray cleaner like Breakfree,or WD40.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
It's not just a Savage problem,just about any rifle with an adjustable trigger can be that way.
What do you feel -needs to be better? When I first got an Accutrigger gun,I didn't like it.It felt weird,but then I got used to the (first stage) of it and now I wish I had that trigger on every rifle I own.
If it feels a little gritty,maybe try taking the action out of the stock and clean the trigger assembly with some spray cleaner like Breakfree,or WD40.
I'll do that, it's gritty.