Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Rifle Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Savage Accu-trigger adjustment tool? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/savage-accu-trigger-adjustment-tool-42509/)

lonyaeger 05-15-2011 03:22 PM

Savage Accu-trigger adjustment tool?
 
Of course, I lost mine. :(

Does anyone know if you can make the adjustment with anything other than their trigger adjustment tool?

I hate it when they do these proprietary tool things......like Remington and Savage. :mad:

Txhillbilly 05-15-2011 06:51 PM

Hey Lon,All you need is one of those little eyeglass screwdrivers.You can get them at any pharmacy,hardware store,or wallyworld.

lonyaeger 05-15-2011 08:08 PM

Got it, thanks man.

I have the trigger set as light as it will go. It's better, but not great. Is there more that can be done to make the trigger better?

Txhillbilly 05-16-2011 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 504955)
Got it, thanks man.

I have the trigger set as light as it will go. It's better, but not great. Is there more that can be done to make the trigger better?

I don't know! Which rifle are you messing with?
Make sure that you bump the stock on the floor to see if the gun won't go off.I have seen several that when set at the lightest setting are an accident ready to happen.
Did you find that little tool? I have several of them,and will give you one if you need it.

I've been loading shells all day,and trying to get all the copper out of my 25/06.It doesn't like shooting those light weight varmint bullets,but I'll make it work somehow.I'm planning on shooting some tomorrow,but I still have to load up some more 25/06 loads.I almost have all the 223 loads done.

lonyaeger 05-16-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 505184)
I don't know! Which rifle are you messing with?
Make sure that you bump the stock on the floor to see if the gun won't go off.I have seen several that when set at the lightest setting are an accident ready to happen.
Did you find that little tool? I have several of them,and will give you one if you need it.

I've been loading shells all day,and trying to get all the copper out of my 25/06.It doesn't like shooting those light weight varmint bullets,but I'll make it work somehow.I'm planning on shooting some tomorrow,but I still have to load up some more 25/06 loads.I almost have all the 223 loads done.

The Model 25 .223. Yeah, I found the little tool but haven't tried the bump test yet. That's pretty disturbing.

Txhillbilly 05-16-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 505299)
The Model 25 .223. Yeah, I found the little tool but haven't tried the bump test yet. That's pretty disturbing.

It's not just a Savage problem,just about any rifle with an adjustable trigger can be that way.
What do you feel -needs to be better? When I first got an Accutrigger gun,I didn't like it.It felt weird,but then I got used to the (first stage) of it and now I wish I had that trigger on every rifle I own.
If it feels a little gritty,maybe try taking the action out of the stock and clean the trigger assembly with some spray cleaner like Breakfree,or WD40.:confused:

lonyaeger 05-16-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 505325)
It's not just a Savage problem,just about any rifle with an adjustable trigger can be that way.
What do you feel -needs to be better? When I first got an Accutrigger gun,I didn't like it.It felt weird,but then I got used to the (first stage) of it and now I wish I had that trigger on every rifle I own.
If it feels a little gritty,maybe try taking the action out of the stock and clean the trigger assembly with some spray cleaner like Breakfree,or WD40.:confused:

I'll do that, it's gritty.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:00 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.