Savage 11FCNS Hunter 243 Win
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Rifle Discussion > Savage 11FCNS Hunter 243 Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Savage 11FCNS Hunter 243 Win

OK guys. I need you help. Im going to p**s my wife off even some more and going to get me another gun. This time im looking at the rifle named in the title of the thread.

I have never owned nor even shot a savage before but I held one at the weekend and I like the feel of it. Can anyone give me imput as to the build quaility, relibility and most of all accuracy of this rifle or maybe savage rifles in general.

It costs $520 plus tax which is about what I can afford but I dont want to waste my money if its too cheap to be a decent rifle.

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-17-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The only Savage I've ever owned was a 110 chambered in .223. It was an excellent rifle. I do know that the accutrigger is excellent and people I know that have the newer Savages are quite happy with them. That price seems pretty good as well.

Please post pics and a range report when you can. Enjoy that rascal, new firearms are good.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Nice bolt action rifle, accurate, accutrigger, dependable and reliable, good price too. For the same price, or for a few dollars more, same rifle, but in a .308 WSM and have a wide range of cartridge loads and a better all around hunting rife, IMO.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Savage makes a very good rifle,very accurate out of the box. I wouldn't buy their rifle/scope combo though,the scope is a cheap one and I prefer a walnut or laminate stock. The composite stocks from Savage are pretty flemsy.